AuthorTopic: Random Peice  (Read 4522 times)

Offline Drake

• View Profile

Random Peice

on: August 17, 2007, 01:23:28 pm
I was working on this yestruday night and this morning, since i last posted HOPEFULLY my skills have improved, im currently working on a line art as well from... The guy who's doign all the Demons? I can't remember his name  :P

But heres a random peice i was working on. It's not a sprite, it's not a portrait, it's just a doodle. Anything i do to improve?

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: Random Peice

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 02:14:12 pm
You do seem to have improved, but that shading is pillow shaded. You could change this into a cow skull if you wanted :P.. by the way Arachne is who you're looking for.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:28:35 pm
I was working on this yestruday night and this morning, since i last posted HOPEFULLY my skills have improved, im currently working on a line art as well from... The guy who's doign all the Demons? I can't remember his name  :P

But heres a random peice i was working on. It's not a sprite, it's not a portrait, it's just a doodle. Anything i do to improve?

Is it anything actually? O_o
It looks alright. It jagges a bit against the darrk background, and it has a somewhat low contrast.
Some of the dithering doesn't seem to help much.
And Arachne is not a guy by the way ;)

Offline Drake

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:48:02 pm

Is it anything actually? O_o
It looks alright. It jagges a bit against the darrk background, and it has a somewhat low contrast.
Some of the dithering doesn't seem to help much.
And Arachne is not a guy by the way ;)

Hehe, Sorry Arachne  :P

Hopefully i get lineart done by monday. Anways, i've Gave it abit more brighter shade to it. And i done a random ten minute doodle on paint.

Before
After

Ten minute doodle  :D

Something i just relised as well, it;s saved in Jpg... I'll have to change that soon :hehe:

Edit; Ahh od thats really annoyed me saving that JPG!  :hehe:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:52:03 pm by Drake »

Offline Drake

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 01:51:39 pm
Sorry for Double posting but i've had another update from it and deicded to try and make the light source come from above it, i doubt i've done well since im used to making the light come from my veiw becuase of Microing.
Also i decided to add a little... Thing in the middle. I think it's ment to be a hole? I don't actualy know. The whole peice i dunno what it acyualy it is. All i know is thats its a doodle i want to make better  :P

Here's it is.

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 08:33:03 am
i have no idea what is that thing..and don`t know which part is near and which part is far...@_@,,
maybe it`s just me??
and each edges seems to be aa with the background which is dark..so even though the source of light is decided...i still can`t read it very well....
so it looks ok to me^^

PS: you can just ignore me..i even think my opinion on this is not important..>.,<
o_O

GBU
 max514

Offline Drake

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 08:51:23 am
I wont ignore it because everypeice of Feedback could be useful, anways i put the little beam of light thing upside down the lights acutaly coming from ^
Diraction not V