AuthorTopic: robalan's campaign thread  (Read 3907 times)

Offline robalan

• View Profile

robalan's campaign thread

on: November 11, 2005, 10:30:48 pm
Hello, all.  As stated by the thread topic, this is my campaign thread.  Any questions you have for me will be swiftly answered, and if you want to know my views on anything (pixel related or not (but pixel related is more relevant)), feel free to ask.

Like the other candidates, I too am a strong proponent of community activities, challenges, and other collaborative events.  Noting the recent inactivity in the Challenges & Activities forum, I think such action is very necessary.  I first got involved in Pixelation through such threads, and personally know their benefits.  Furthermore, I believe that good critique is an essential part of being a member.  There is nothing more disappointing than posting some art that has had many hours of labor poured into it, knowing there are still things to fix, and getting nothing but vapid, meaningless comments, or worse, no comments at all.  I will try to set a good example as a critiquer, helping my fellow Pixelopolians to improve their artwork.  I have been a member of Pixelation for a long time, and have always done all I could to help the community.  This behavior will not change if I am granted the privilege of serving the community.  So vote robalan in the elections, and fear my lack of a slogan :-P
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Re: robalan's campaign thread

Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 01:23:04 pm
You seem to post very little. You'd be changing that for the position?

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:30:42 am
Yes, that will change.  I posted very little on Pixelation for a long while, but came out of the woodwork later and had a respectable post count when the forum died.  I've been relatively quiet here so far, but I plan to be more active if elected.  Actually, I should probably be more active even if not elected, but that's not the point of the question.  So, to sum up my ramble, yes.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 08:29:54 pm
Considering the intense lack of interest in my campaign, I will drop out of the current election and be more active in the forum before running for this position.  Good luck to all the other candidates!