AuthorTopic: Cap'n Crunch's voyage from Toucan Sam's tropical home to the Hollow Tree  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile
I haven't really sat down with a clear head to look at this yet, but I plan to finish it up soon.  Didn't quite finish in time for the pixeljoint challenge it was intended for, and it has too many colors anyway.  Comments and criticisms and suggestions and stuff welcome.

Anyway, Horatio, Sam, and the not yet pixelled Ernie are experiencing a collision of worlds.
Thought about expanding it so I could fit Chester the Cheetah or maybe Count Chocula in.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:47:28 am by Cure »

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile
You should try using some of the wood colours in the beach if you didn't already and more of that kind of stuff (air and water/sails).

You should splendidly dither the hill to get a goog lighting effect, as well as that you might wish to axdd more detail to the water. The forest on the right looks too deep according to how fast you have a horizon in the rest of the image, next to that the trees must be enormously huge according to the size of the ship.

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile
If I have to break your favorite vase to get your attention, I swear to God it'll happen.
Quicker than you can ask "Hey, where the fuck'd my favorite vase go?"
And I'd be like "It's vayse. not vahse. And I broke it."
Update:

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile
I think the dithering on the sky is hurting the picture overall. Perhaps a matter of the patterns you are using.
Also the ship is wierdly shaped. It is bent towards the viewer like this:  \__/ . Maybe you'd want to fix the perspective
The rest is coming good so far.