AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #1: Mobility!  (Read 123954 times)

Offline elise

• View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #1

Reply #90 on: August 23, 2007, 03:20:13 am
Here's my contribution...

You're either a panda or a monkey trying to find keys to escape from the zoo.

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Reply #91 on: August 23, 2007, 08:49:24 am
This is a greatidea for a challenge.
I originally was going to make something similar to Ceddo's (which is one of my personal favorites, along with the Junkie mockup by am_pm), and had the Kirby minigame as a backup, but they're now both taken.

Hmm... I think I'll do a variation of the Kirby game instead. It's even easily doable as a real game because the player and enemies just need two poses (sheathed and attacking.).

You press a button when DRAW appears, then immediately, the word COUNTER or EVADE appears at different intervals, so some double-tapping is needed if you want to survive.

The goal is to consume your enemy's life points.

Rarely, the word FINISHER appears after the COUNTER/EVADE and you have to tap again (which makes it a triple-tap) and finish off the enemy with one blow if successful.

If you tap the button without any on-screen instructions, you FLINCH and don't get a move the rest of the "attack phase".

Some of you might think it stupid that I'm already thinking it up even before the pixelling, but I just want to get some ideas down.
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #92 on: August 24, 2007, 12:19:29 am

Eh. I can't decide if it's done or not. It needs something, what that may be, I have no idea.

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Reply #93 on: August 24, 2007, 01:18:03 am
well... you could make some levels where you're at a bigass party, and your rolling a joint, and all the people are bugging you, so you could maybe have a stress meter?
or something like that..
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline am_pm

• Lurker supreme
    • View Profile

Reply #94 on: August 24, 2007, 01:50:26 am
Hmm. I was thinking of having all of your buddies lying around the room waiting for a toke. The thing is though I don't want the screen to be filled with different meters and measurements. I have no idea how to approach the display of the actual game mechanic. I was planning on having an animation of your fingers actually rolling the joint, but I opted for something simpler. Maybe I should just try my best at rendering the hands + joint? lol

Offline Ian

• View Profile

Reply #95 on: August 25, 2007, 01:54:15 am
I decided to make mine into an actual flash game since it was so simple.  No scoring and endless play yet but the engine is pretty much finished:
Link
Click to center app.  Space does everything else.

Offline xavier_viiv

• View Profile

Reply #96 on: August 25, 2007, 04:02:15 pm

wow...mine is just a crap compare to all of those...>.,<...

mine is a silhouette stick trying to escape from black and white world..well..i plan to add some mozaic and colourful world,where the enemy stick man will blur to background...>.,<

i know the dither is bad...>.,<

auto forward,press the button to stop-and it will search for black(shadow) around him and automatically duck or lay or just stand..of course done by program..>,<-

don`t get caught by the camera`s sight or enemy`s sight..simple^^..

PS:that black shadow you can say it`s from the lamp--which not look like one..>.,<-- and a little gap behind the wall...

just wanna participate though^^

hope you guys like it
o_O

GBU
 max514

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #97 on: August 26, 2007, 07:31:48 pm
I decided to make mine into an actual flash game since it was so simple.  No scoring and endless play yet but the engine is pretty much finished:
Link
Click to center app.  Space does everything else.
The crane moves way to fast, and when I was trying to drop the stuff down the tube it kept bouncing off even though it looked like it should've gone in.

Offline Ego

• Rawr
    • View Profile

Reply #98 on: August 26, 2007, 11:39:36 pm

Didn't want to spend too much time, just wanted something in this.
A quiz game(no critisism on the question, it was just the first thought). Playable with the arrows AND the button, or just the button.
Just button: Press the button to move the arrow to the next answer. When on chosen answer, wait until 15 second timer ends.
With arrows.: Use the arrows to select, then press the button to select. still a 15 second limit.
Not complex, but fun to make. Also, I havn't seen this idea in the topic yet.

Offline Schu

• The front is a lemon avenue flying straightly
    • View Profile
    • Eyegore-net

Reply #99 on: August 27, 2007, 02:09:05 am

Puzzle maze games are more my thing, so in the vein of "Press 5", here's my mockup.

You have to navigate the little treasure-loving-ninja-gnome through the maze, while he just walks and auto-turns right when he hits a wall, you push five to spin the floor 90 degrees clockwise to navigate him elsewhere. Collect treasure for points and have to find a set amount of keys to get out and on to the next level. Avoid traps and enemies but there are some squares on the ground that auto-dictate what happens--like those arrows, when your sprite hits it, he automatically goes the way its pointing (but so do the enemies so if they hit a square that activates a bomb you better navigate outta there before it counts down to zero). Later there will be actual blocks that can do things to the level (like slide across the floor tiles to hit things/set off traps/etc). I'm thinking boss stages too where you get bonus points depending on how quick you deal with it and super treasure. (And since you can't attack, you need to navigate the little guy over squares that'll help you out in those cases).

I'm thinking it's what happens when you mutate ChuChu Rocket with Druaga. I've also got an idea for multiplayer (up to 4 players) that deals with sabotage and treasure collecting.
------
Schu
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:21:23 am by Schu »