AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #1: Mobility!  (Read 123958 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #1

Reply #80 on: August 22, 2007, 12:49:28 am
Hmm, I retract my last statement. I think he plans to have the movement kind of do all the work. IE, it will go to the next ladder, climb the next ladder and so on all on its own. The only control you have is stopping said movement.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #81 on: August 22, 2007, 01:19:19 am
hmm now i'm not convinced either :P  its fairly crucial in DK to be able to reverse direction, climb, AND jump.  Reducing it to auto-run with jump only is fairly problematic in the big picture I think.  Good job critical thinkers!

Offline niceidiot

• View Profile

Reply #82 on: August 22, 2007, 02:24:38 am
Might I suggest that you are DONKEY KONG, the flame or the barrel, that would be a good twist, and require only a single button.  Man this is a sweet activity, if I wasn't taking care of my dying grandma I would be all over it.

-N.I.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #83 on: August 22, 2007, 03:29:11 am
Quote from: AdamAtomic
Dusty - Great start.  The hamster is almost completely unreadable though!  I'd give him a little more love beofre you call it a day.  Great start though, and funny idea; I think Sonic the Hedgehog was built on basically the same principle
Hmm, might I ask what exactly is unreadable about it? I thought it read pretty good as a hamster, though I guess the spots seem a bit random. I'd like to fix this up, but I'm not exactly sure what I should be fixing.

curse the quote button bug

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #84 on: August 22, 2007, 03:56:37 am
the shapes are overrendered and the ball comes forward rather than going back.  At first I thought it was a baby duck half out of the shell rolling along.  Actually, that might be a fun premise :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #85 on: August 22, 2007, 06:00:43 am
Ok, Revised controls

No button =  ->
held = <-
Tap = jump/climb ladder

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #86 on: August 22, 2007, 06:11:05 am
Quote from: Adarias
the shapes are overrendered and the ball comes forward rather than going back.  At first I thought it was a baby duck half out of the shell rolling along.  Actually, that might be a fun premise
Hmm, I'm sorry, but I'm still not following. The ball is supposed to go forward?
Also, the ball was originally defined pretty well, but it didn't portray speed as it was static, so I added the 'blur' to the insides to show the rotation.

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #87 on: August 22, 2007, 10:31:46 am
what about:
Code: [Select]
if(button) {
  if(ladder) {
    climb ladder
  } else {
    if(tap) {
      jump
    } else {
      turn the other way
    }
  }
} else {
   walk
}

Revised: I forgot JUMP!!

Ok, Revised controls

No button =  ->
held = <-
Tap = jump/climb ladder
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:35:12 am by robotacon »

Offline Judas

• Merciless
    • View Profile

Reply #88 on: August 23, 2007, 01:29:09 am

The idea is basically like Kirby's Adventure's shoot out game. You wait for the screen to say "FIRE!" and then have to press the button as fast as you can to beat your opponent. They will get progressively harder and you will be required to fire quicker.

Obviously there's no enemy yet and I want to do some interface but just can't think of what I need. WIP.

Damn you for beating me to it. Still WIP at the moment. Needs more interface/background-not-sucking/spritework.
The box at the top shows the enemy's gun, twitchy hand, eyes, etc. like the classic final showdown at the end of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. When the enemy is about to fire, a zoom of CRAZY EYES in a jagged box shakes at the top, along with the DRAW! text. Here, the sheriff of San Diablo is taking on his third opponent on the way to Mr. Black, a man by the name of Ramon Blanco. Yella Belly and Wade Green have already been beaten. When Blanco is done, Ugly Azul, Brown Bear, and Greigh must be stopped before the final confrontation with the menace leading the Vibrant Gang, a deviant by the name of Mr. Black. Working on a black and white Akira Kurosawa-esque Samurai Kirby clone, too. More on that when this finishes, maybe even too late for the deadline. Roar.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #89 on: August 23, 2007, 02:00:26 am
awesome!  Not sure if the skintight shirt on the badguy works for me, but hell yea for everything else :)