AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #1: Mobility!  (Read 123972 times)

Offline sharprm

• INTP/INTJ
    • View Profile

Re: Mockup Frenzy #1

Reply #20 on: August 17, 2007, 08:39:14 am
Mockup:

Button changes direction of Helicopter. Enemies below you. Bombs fall automatically.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 06:44:28 am by sharprm »
Modern artists are told that they must create something totally original-or risk being called "derivative".They've been indoctrinated with the concept that bad=good.The effect is always the same: Meaningless primitivism
http://www.artrenewal.org/articles/Philosophy/phi

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:34 pm
great job so far guys!  keep em coming!

Offline Noveroth

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 05:17:07 pm
Hooray!

All those years of collecting those cheesy Fast food games that use one button has paid off!

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 05:45:30 pm
Question. are 31 colors the LIMIT of how many you can have, or how much you MUST have for a game? (Or if it's both?)

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 06:27:01 pm
Looking good, Feron. :) I'd sharpen up the ball a bit, though.

Here's mine. You're a small prospector bot surveying the ocean floor. Your competitors have such bots, too, and will try to destroy you. Environmentalists have deposited naval mines you have to avoid. :D

One button lets you turn 90 degrees clockwise, while another turns you counterclockwise.

The locations of power-ups are shown with lines pointing to the direction and icons indicating distance. Larger icons mean they're closer. Catch dud mines to blow up the bots following you. Small batteries give you an energy shield which absorbs one hit, while big batteries make you invulnerable for a limited amount of time.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 06:03:04 am
Question. are 31 colors the LIMIT of how many you can have, or how much you MUST have for a game? (Or if it's both?)

I can't believe I'm answering this, but it is the maximum number of colors you are allowed to use.  You are not required to use precisely 31 colors.

Arachne - that rocks!  Maybe there could be a little more red in the design of the enemy ships and mines, so they stick out a bit more?  submarine games ftw...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 01:28:21 pm

Phone on the side for this. Help Karateka-san not disgrace his dojo (and his irritable master on the background in particular) in this rhythm game of honor.

This is basically taking the worst aspect of International Karate + from the c64 and making it good. The older ones know what I'm talking about. However here you don't block balls, you just punch fruit. When a fruit is thrown you get a soundeffect that fades in from the side. The player must gauge when to unleash the karateka punch according to the soundeffect (at first few levels when the fruit goes relatively slow the beginner player can do it on visual cue alone. Later on when it gets fastball-city, you have to determine by sound alone). Sometimes more than one fruit are coming your way and you have to double or triple-tap in right rhythm. This is taking the concept of Tapper, marrying it to baseball and making it a bit non-stop. Additionally to just hitting the fruit by tapping the button, you can power-up an attack if you're really good (optional, then) by holding the button, then releasing when the gauge is close to full (or completely full if you're that good. When it fills, splitsecond later it's back to empty) to hit the fruit with more power to get more points.

This is easily translated to a more Tapper-y 3 button game, with low, middle and high lobbed fruit if one were to cross-develop.

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 01:31:40 pm
interesting idea so,
mine :)

I think that all know this game, so i've decided to remake it on a mobile version^^

for controls : auto speed or not, Left ( key 4 ) or Right( key 6 ) to move, Up ( key 2 ) to Increase Speed, Down ( key 8 ) to reduce Speed, and fire( key 5 ) to Jump !

[EDIT] ok so for just only the same button :

for controls : just Press the fire button to Jump, more you are holding the button, more your jump is higher ;)
and of course, the game is with an autospeed for the character !

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 02:22:16 pm by MaDsk8tard »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #28 on: August 18, 2007, 01:40:37 pm
Theme: "One Button" play

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Reply #29 on: August 18, 2007, 01:49:21 pm
hum, you can change button no? or it's just only one button?