AuthorTopic: Mockup Frenzy #1: Mobility!  (Read 123967 times)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Mockup Frenzy #1

Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 03:22:08 am
Dusty: Get your read on!

Great link!  For this activity, especially since its the first, going with one button (whether its just one button total, or one at a time like in the bulk of phone games) is definitely optional, I just think its an interesting exercise  ^-^

Xion: Awesome!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 03:38:01 am
There is only one key, and it makes you turn right, because the robot is defective, and cannot turn left.
:y:
The rest, though, is complete garbage.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 03:38:22 am
I did read, but I had assumed it was directional+one 'action' key. I would like to keep to the rules, and not just use more buttons because I was never sure what the actual rules were on "one button" theme.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:22:19 am
Ah - yeah I will amend the top post to include a quick explanation of why the "one button" thing.  The short story is most phones can't detect more than a single button press at a time.  So no holding a direction and then hitting another key!

EDIT - top post amended.  Let me know if its any clearer!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 04:27:43 am by AdamAtomic »

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers

Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 09:40:01 am
This 1 button game idea is pretty cool, but less hard to make than most people think... for example the fishing game (top of this thread) can be played with one... First you've got to hold the button while a marker floats from left to right, then when you release button, the same thing happens but floating from front to back. Dont know if all of this was understandable (and proper english) but hey, I dont care  :crazy:

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:33 am
This is a genius idea, I've got a pretty decent idea I hope nobody else takes/uses. I'll probably post it early next week :D

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:51 pm
I was thinking of doing a one-button boxing game, you'd press to punch and hold to block.... thats possible right? Well, allowed anyway.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 02:01:26 pm by bengoshia »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 07:52:09 pm
This is a really fun idea!  I already have a nice idea a-brewin', and if anybody steals it, i WILL kill them :lol:...... :mean:

But I was just wondering...is there somewhere I could get a hold of an actual cellphone palette of some sort?  I'd like to be as legit and restricted as possible.  'Cos I read so often about how difficult a cellphone palette is, and I'd really love to try it, so, a pat on the back to anybody who could lead me in the right direction.  ;):y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 08:00:52 pm
Here's my WIP of a block-breaker type game...  (23 colors so far!)

releasing the button makes the platform slide to the right, holding it down makes the platform go left :D

if wips aren't allowed here please delete this post, however i'd like some C&c please...

Offline Ian

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 08:49:45 pm
Giant Crane Super Robot Build 60000:

Literally uses only one key.  First you have to pick up the piece of the robot you need by timing dropping the crane.  Then you have to time pressing again when the crane is over the dump pipe (the crane will begin sliding back and forth along the rail).  You must build a certain number of robots within the time limit.

Edit:Just realized I forgot to do anything special with the HUD elements.  I'm going to fancy up the numbers and stuff when i get around to it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:22:02 pm by Ian »