AuthorTopic: Weekly Event Idea : Mockup Frenzy  (Read 8304 times)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Re: Weekly Event Idea : Mockup Frenzy

Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 02:34:10 am
So when will we do this?!

If it's biweekly then the asanine number of the 15th day of the month would be a swell time to start. ;)

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 02:51:52 am
I would be happy to make sure this happens tomorrow, I'll talk with the mods and get an official topic and rules cut out!

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 11:32:24 am
i think the first one should start off small, to see how well it goes, perhaps mobile phone size with a 32 colors max?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #13 on: August 15, 2007, 05:25:48 pm
Yeah that sounds good, I'm thinking 80px wide by 120px high maybe?  could be fun to use Arne's palette too, but any 32 colors would be nice and open too, and definitely more in keeping with mobile dev.  I'll wait a few hours to get any more feedback here then put up a thread in the activities forum.

One thing though - I will be out of state and possibly away from internet altogether on the 30th and 31st; is there a moderator or member who would like to handle collecting the entries and handling the voting on them?  It wouldn't even have to be an official poll, though that might be the easiest way to handle it; convert the top post into a poll maybe...which would mean a moderator would be best!  Let me know; I'll be fully available to to handle all the activity paperwork in the future, just got a family holiday thing this time.

Thanks!

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #14 on: August 15, 2007, 05:42:08 pm
176x208 - keep it to actual sizes?

arne's palette could be quite fun, however it might be a little restricting especially for the first.

i would volunteer to manage the entries however im away 22nd to the 27th :S, where you going anywhere nice?

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 06:02:45 pm
I'll do it if you want.
But uh, what is the voting for? Are you planning to have it a la PixelJoint's weekly activities?

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 07:16:10 pm
It might be nice to just have it as a "yay, we participated" thing rather than a contest, but voting does attract attention.  Still, voting tends to discourage general participation as the places would tend to go to the same 5 members with an occasional talented lurker busting out a win.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 07:30:56 pm
Hmmm thats a good point you guys.  Screw voting - Panda if you could just like collect all the entries after the deadline and collect them all in a bunch in the top post, for easy browsing after the fact, that'd be awesome.  As far as res, what about 128x160?  that one is pretty common, and i'd like for the first comp to have a relatively low res...

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 08:58:44 pm
although voting might put people off, for some it might motivate to create something better.  perhaps have a little trophy to go in the winners sig...
either way its should be fun.

128x160 is quite nice, is it gonna be of anything particular ie shmup, sports, puzzle, rpg...

EDIT - i see youve already put it up ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 09:04:48 pm by Feron »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 09:57:44 pm
Yep its posted!  I'm happy to make changes to it if we need to, but probably only for the next few hours, so it doesn't screw over any of the early starters :)  newsbox has been started, should be done in an hour or so!