AuthorTopic: Official G_Dragon Campaign Thread  (Read 9530 times)

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Official G_Dragon Campaign Thread

on: November 11, 2005, 07:22:14 am
Hey all, I've decided to run for December's elections. If you have any questions, concerns, or anything else please ask and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Here is what I stand for:

-Activities- What makes an artist better? Lots and lots of practise. And face it, many people don't want to be drilled and tested for their work. So, I'll make activities that are both challenging and fun. One of the activities I would bring back is the Secret Santa since it's been very popular in the past.

-Commercial Critiquing- Not only will I look at some well known 2d games, I'll even look at how they made their effects. If you wonder how a certain image was done, I'll hopefully make it somewhat clear how they did that.

-Tutorials- Not only will the tutorials be simple, straight forward, and in depth, but it'll be interactive. Allowing you to not only try out the tutorial, but give suggestions and add to a completly in depth tutorial for people around the world to see.

About me:
I've been in Pixelation for around 3-5 years. I've seen the rise and fall of Pixelation, and I've always wanted to contribute to the growth of a wonderful community of highly creative people. I've had a bit of moderation experience with some other communities, and am willing to work to make Pixelation the best it can be.

So, Make Pixelation the best it can be. Vote for G_D.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Re: Official G_Dragon Campaign Thread

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 08:30:11 pm
I think one thing the forum is lacking is some good skill builder activities, kind of like that dithering thing I'm doing. What is your take on this?
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Doomraider

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 08:46:59 pm
you've got my support

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 09:52:15 pm
Dogmeat- I agree with you. In order to be able to know how to use all the tools pixelation has to offer, artists will have to know their tools (such as dithering and anti alasing) and learn how to use it to it's fullest degree. What my plan is to do is to combine tutorials with the skill building challenges in order to teach the new pixel artists how to do things like anti alasing and dithering, and for them and everyone else a chance to put their knowledge to use and participate in the skill building activity.

Doomraider- Thank you so much.

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 11:21:51 pm
For those who would want to support me, I have a small banner that I created.

http://indreams-studios.com/g_dragon/vote.png

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 11:24:56 pm
i support

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 04:56:17 am
Sweet! Thanks!

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #7 on: November 16, 2005, 09:35:17 pm
DoomRaider is a good guy to have on your side of the table, because of him I am here today.  If he never supported me, I probably wouldn't have gotten to run.  Sorry to say I am already pledged to Gil, so I can only try and convince others to throw their vote your way.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2005, 09:37:31 pm by Mercury Rising »
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline PyroPiranha

• "Leading Ninja Authority" - Ninja #2350228
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 09:56:01 pm
Ya got me.

Offline G_Dragon

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 05:37:25 am
When I saw the last two points, my jaw dropped. Thanks everyone for your support. I'll make sure that your time and energy for supporting me is made up in my time and energy to support you.

If you have any questions, concerns, or want to just say something, go right ahead.