AuthorTopic: [WIP] pixchix  (Read 2906 times)

Offline defielxor

• View Profile

[WIP] pixchix

on: September 24, 2007, 06:40:08 pm
Workin on my 2nd ever pixel art... after this one, I'm gonna buckle down and really practice/learn some better shading techniques.  This is about half done, figure'd I'd share.

Figure I did pretty good near the top of the eyes and eyebrows. Happy with how that turned out... Just greyscale now, but towards the end I'm gonna add some groovy psychedelic colors.

Also, I've been wondering if hookin up my tablet would be worthwhile, its a cheap wacom wannabe.

Offline defielxor

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] pixchix

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 02:51:55 am
Did a little update. Added some more shading and fixed somethin that was buggin me w/ the eyes. Gonna add color, some hair, and call her done.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] pixchix

Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:51:56 pm
This does not look anywhere near done.  Certainly not within "add color and hair" range of being done.  To be perfectly honest, I'd recommend starting over.  Maybe even backing up to before where you started and doing some face studies on paper, since you don't seem to have a very good grasp of facial structure.  She has no ears, the sides of her head are lumpy, her nose is unnaturally pointed, her eyes are crooked and too far apart, her head looks like her face is placed too far up on it...  There is more error than realisticness in this piece.  I would balance out my harsh-sounding criticism with things you've done well, but I can't find any.  I don't mean to discourage you, quite the opposite.  I can tell you want to do art, but you need to learn fundamentals first.  You can't start running before you learn to walk.  Good luck, and I hope to see some good stuff from you in the future!
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.