AuthorTopic: help plz WIP underwater outer space  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Shadoron

• N00BINATOR
    • View Profile

help plz WIP underwater outer space

on: August 10, 2007, 07:48:19 pm
WIP = work in prog right? Well here it is: a underwater outer space. help plz.  ;D

Offline Alevice

• View Profile
    • DevArt gallery

Re: help plz WIP underwater outer space

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:53:00 pm
I really don't understand the composition of the image at all.

Offline Shadoron

• N00BINATOR
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:31:48 pm
too confusing? what do you not get?  ???

Offline Lawrence

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 01:07:47 am

Above water: sea environment.
Below water: space environment.

It's quite a nice idea. The different shades of blue in the space part are too indistinguishable though.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 01:54:02 am

Above water: sea environment.
Below water: space environment.

It's quite a nice idea. The different shades of blue in the space part are too indistinguishable though.
Yes, a good idea, but poorly executed to be honest. Hard to read, and the shark shouldn't be underwater since that's the space part. The blue in the space part should be way darker as well; almost black.
Another thing: you shouldn't get into the habit of using screen-door transparency (I think that's what it's called anyway) like you have on the rocket trail. It never looks good with such contrasting colors as you have there (or at all for that matter.)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 11, 2007, 02:12:49 am
With much respect, and without intention to unmotivate you from your creativity, I think you're doing something way too large for your level of pixel art. I think you should do smaller pieces first and hone on your skills such as shading, lineart, AA. Right now you have an idea, but your lack of skills is holding you back. The shading isn't right, and some pillowshaded. I don't understand the dithered outlines and also don't think the yellow outlines fit at all, or make any sense.

Also, I think the idea, while good, needs to be refined some more first. I see you've taken things like the planet and turned it into an island, and did the same thing with the ship/dolphin... but then you also have sharks and shrimp(?) in space as well, which is completely contrasting what you've done with the rest of the piece.