AuthorTopic: Official Gil campaign Thread  (Read 10089 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Official Gil campaign Thread

on: November 11, 2005, 03:45:12 am

-- VOTE GIL, AND FIND NEMO --

Okay, welcome to the official campaign thread, if you've got any questions about my view on certain things, you can always ask here. Here is what I stand for:

- Professional challenges and activities. This means not only having fun, but learning your trade while doing it.
- I want a few oldies to return such as a commercial critique and the secret santa gift activity. I'll be sure to try to get those rolling
- I'm for the active integration of the IRC channels, I think they are a very good source of receiving first crits and comments and need to be encouraged

So, why would I be the person to do this? Well, first of all I've been a long-time member of Pixelation, and I've always wanted the best for the community. I've also been mod on pixelerate, and I think most people know that I can handle responsability well. I decided to run after making some suggestions to pep and him answering "Why don't you run coming elections and propose those things yourself?"

Well, here I am!
Save a fish, vote Gil!

*Gets off the soap box*

If you want to support my campaign, leave a supportive message here, or wear my banner:

http://art.faktor-g.com/pixel/adbanner.png

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Re: Official Gil campaign Thread

Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 04:02:07 am
Werd, im down with that Gil.
were it not for Gil, i wouldnt be able to breathe underwater.
So i support this filamentous structure of vascular membranes, and say proudly:
Gil #1

Offline Akira

• Heheheh
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:46:43 am
Hmm you have my vote so far since you were the first guy with activities on his mind though I think I'll make a smaller banner for my sig.
thanks Dogmeat!

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 12:31:05 pm

-- VOTE GIL, AND FIND NEMO --

Okay, welcome to the official campaign thread, if you've got any questions about my view on certain things, you can always ask here. Here is what I stand for:

- Professional challenges and activities. This means not only having fun, but learning your trade while doing it.
- I want a few oldies to return such as a commercial critique and the secret santa gift activity. I'll be sure to try to get those rolling
- I'm for the active integration of the IRC channels, I think they are a very good source of receiving first crits and comments and need to be encouraged

So, why would I be the person to do this? Well, first of all I've been a long-time member of Pixelation, and I've always wanted the best for the community. I've also been mod on pixelerate, and I think most people know that I can handle responsability well. I decided to run after making some suggestions to pep and him answering "Why don't you run coming elections and propose those things yourself?"

Well, here I am!
Save a fish, vote Gil!

*Gets off the soap box*

If you want to support my campaign, leave a supportive message here, or wear my banner:

http://art.faktor-g.com/pixel/adbanner.png

I used that exact same image on Dogmeats campaign...except with a dog. :-\

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 01:11:39 pm
Ill wear your banner as soon as I get the time.  Donde esta Nemo?
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 08:36:30 pm

Well, since I was not around during that period you can be sure it's a coincidence :). Doesn't every election have its Uncle Sam Spoof?

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that all the people liking the commercial critiquing idea, remember where you saw it first! That's right, over in my thread. :)

Oh, and perhaps I could elaborate on one particular activity idea to spoil the beans a little.
I'd like to see an "evolving activity", where you get to create a sprite for example, then in the following activities you get to animate it, dress it up or pallette shift it around. People could even team up and try to use the techniques of one challenge on someone else's previous work, which is a great training for real life pixel jobs, since those require to take a sprite designed by the lead artist and do something with it alot of the time...

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 03:18:16 pm

Well, since I was not around during that period you can be sure it's a coincidence :). Doesn't every election have its Uncle Sam Spoof?

Oh, and I just wanted to mention that all the people liking the commercial critiquing idea, remember where you saw it first! That's right, over in my thread. :)

Oh, and perhaps I could elaborate on one particular activity idea to spoil the beans a little.
I'd like to see an "evolving activity", where you get to create a sprite for example, then in the following activities you get to animate it, dress it up or pallette shift it around. People could even team up and try to use the techniques of one challenge on someone else's previous work, which is a great training for real life pixel jobs, since those require to take a sprite designed by the lead artist and do something with it alot of the time...

Lol, yea I remember godslayer made a uncle sam thing with a dog face on it, it was kind of amusing :D
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 04:27:09 pm
Yeah, I searched it up, funny shit :D

<3 Uncle Sam

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 10:57:10 pm
Yeah! I'm with you Gil the last secret santa was well good! Count on my vote.
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 02:54:55 am
im with you as well gil. Seems like you have some good ideas.

-=Boogie=-