AuthorTopic: [WIP] My first WIP (and first post)  (Read 6959 times)

Offline five

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] My first WIP (and first post)

Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 11:51:53 pm
I really like the last one a lot, but the glow on his forehead looks a lil off... I really like how the left eye looks with the shading it really makes the image look 3d...

Not the best, but you catch my drift, right?

this is a joke right? sarcasm?, there's no need for that...

Uh, what? :huh: No offence Shadoron but, that shading looks horrible. You're using far too many hues. I'd suggest to go with what Tocky said, and shade it in that manner. It makes it look more..realistic.

are you talking to Shadoron or me?...

anywho...

the latest one i did is not supposed to have good, smooth shading...

i was attempting to do what opacus did with a more realistic light source but blocky shading...

i guess i failed miserabley, so i'll go back to the drawing board...

Offline Solitaire

• ?!?!?!?!?!?!
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 12:58:32 am
are you talking to Shadoron or me?...
Shadoron ;). Sorry, couldn't get the darn quote thing to work. >_<

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 05:00:10 am

Messing with your frame - the main problems I have with it are the outlining, which is too uniform (bright bits gets the same outlining as dark bits), the dithering, which doesn't really add any depth, and the  inconsistent lighting, which comes from the way you're mirroring and reusing bits - the top is lit from the bottom, the bottom is lit from the top, and so on. It's okay to mirror your lines, but unless it's lit from directly in front, or directly behind, you'll have to colour the opposite ends separately to suit.

I think you should lose the white hilight on the forehead, Opacus has got you using too many colours.

Offline five

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 06:44:34 am

Messing with your frame - the main problems I have with it are the outlining, which is too uniform (bright bits gets the same outlining as dark bits), the dithering, which doesn't really add any depth, and the  inconsistent lighting, which comes from the way you're mirroring and reusing bits - the top is lit from the bottom, the bottom is lit from the top, and so on. It's okay to mirror your lines, but unless it's lit from directly in front, or directly behind, you'll have to colour the opposite ends separately to suit.

I think you should lose the white hilight on the forehead, Opacus has got you using too many colours.

ah yes...

thanks, i will work on the frame...

my thought when doing the frame was that the light was shining right into it so thats why the stuff was mirrored, and that the dude (a painting in the frame) had different lighting for obvious reasons...

that and i was too lazy to put correct shading on the frame  ;)...

yea the dithering looks bad and i like the way you did it so i'll go back and try something similiar...

and now for something completely different...

i'm trying this little dude because i think it would be an easier shading exercise than that peculiarly shaped green guys head that i concocted...

anywho... next comes colour...

and a new and improved frame  ;D...

EDIT:

basic colour added, i really like the no outline look so far, sorta cleaner...

shading and that promised new frame coming tomorrow...

as always, any comments welcome...

have a good evening  ;D...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 08:25:57 am by five »