AuthorTopic: Subsurface Parade  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Subsurface Parade

on: August 08, 2007, 05:09:58 am

Yet another collab with Sherman Gill. For the current Pixeljoint Challenge:
  • Seamless match on the ends to achieve 360º
  • 16 colors maximum
  • Must have reflection(s) somewhere in the image

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Re: Subsurface Parade

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 05:44:43 am
This is pretty neat. I'm having a hard time reading everything though.

The top probably plays the biggest role in that predicament. It looks to me like it's just been selected with the marquee tool and shifted over X amount of pixels. While that may not be the case, that's what my brain tells me as I try to take in the picture. Everything under the sea level looks really cool though. I think it could use something smaller to bring the tiling together though. Bubbles perhaps? Now...is there anything under water that's actually a reflection of something above the water?

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:12:34 am
I wonder if things under water can reflect like that? It's almost like you've got two water levels right now.
The top water level shifts works for me, you understand what it is instantly. With a wave animation it would look awesome.
The depth (distance) in the image should work much more to your advantage, water is usually quite *foggy* so some ambient light would do the trick.
I'd like to see a hue shift into green. since you've only got 16 colors, make em count.

Offline Franky G

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 09:41:03 am
I wonder if things under water can reflect like that? It's almost like you've got two water levels right now.

I agree with that. I'm gonna suggest to make the surface (or the under side of the surface) visible. Angle it rather than have a horizontal line dividing the two. In this new section you could probably connect the two distorted parts. I think this will help.

Other than that i like it. I also think the fish ( i hope they are fish) in the background probably need a little AA attention but i'm guessing you know this.