AuthorTopic: Da Bomb!  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Da Bomb!

on: August 17, 2007, 03:39:43 pm
Yes, it's da bomb. A Final Fantasy bomb to be correct. Love those little fellas.

The animation took a while, coloured frame by frame. 6 frames total (5 unique). And 8 colours inc trans.
Any critique apreciated.

(I need to add a remix thingy, his idle animation looks like scratching :D.  DJ DA BOMB!)

Offline Vertigo-zero

• http://boomers.onninet.com
    • View Profile
    • Boomers

Re: Da Bomb!

Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 04:01:09 pm
you might want to show it to us in less FPS, and with a pause on the frame where his mouth is closed, so that it looks like he is attacking/yelling etc. Also the outer-left and -right flares are acting spastic...

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 04:18:52 pm
you might want to show it to us in less FPS, and with a pause on the frame where his mouth is closed, so that it looks like he is attacking/yelling etc. Also the outer-left and -right flares are acting spastic...
Well, he isn't supossed to be yelling or attack actually, just idle. Bombs are always wild ones ;)
Also, they are supossed to be spastic. They are based on the FFIX bombs, which also have 2 spastic flares. :D
Thanks for the comment anyway.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 06:52:10 pm
Not familiar with the original, but you can take some artistic license, I'm sure, and make the spikes look more like fire and less like spikes.
The "body" (face) is very cool though.

Offline Opacus

• Entangled
    • View Profile
    • www.jimjansen.net

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:01:30 pm
Not familiar with the original, but you can take some artistic license, I'm sure, and make the spikes look more like fire and less like spikes.
The "body" (face) is very cool though.
Thanks.
Yeah, that's true. I'll make a somewhat more realistic fire on it tomorrow. (As it shows more in FFXII)