AuthorTopic: Sean Frog [heavy WIP]  (Read 10941 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Sean Frog [heavy WIP]

on: August 07, 2007, 02:39:41 am
Rydin told me to do something cool for post 1337. I don't think this qualifies though. But hey, it's something.

Sean Frog (aka Stickyfingers), pickpocket extrordinaire.
Hit me.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Re: Sean Frog [heavy WIP]

Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:58:03 am
hahaha, I don't know why but this strikes me as really funny. I think you should make the hood fall back though, so it'll loop nicely. But i'm assuming this is a WIP, (based on the sketchy arms during the animation) so whatever.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:46:19 am
Make the arms less long in the first few frames as it doesn't match up with the arms when they move up to pull up the hood

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 02:30:59 pm
Heehee, SMF apparently displays postcount "1337" as "leet":

The frog looks cool; I really like the sub-pixel animation in the idle stance, though it's hard to see at 1x.  Not enough is moving compared to the size of the sprite, I don't think.  I look forward to seeing the finished product; the character is pretty sweet so far.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Brian

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 11:02:26 pm
the hands and arms could use some more detail in the ani. This is realyl cute though!

Offline Ornust

• Nooblet. ;_;
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 04:12:46 am
Ironically, I was trying to draw a Tree-Frog right before stumbling upon this thread.  :D

However, I did fail miserably. No cigar for me. .O.
The Newbie's Newb.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 05:54:36 am
Zero: "But i'm assuming this is a WIP, (based on the sketchy arms during the animation) so whatever." You can also assume it's WIP based on the fact that I said it in the title of this thread. :X As for the hoodie fall thing, I never really meant for this to loop...but I might as well.

Dracotoomanynumbers: Well, since he is a frog, I think longer arms suit him, so rather than shortening the idle arms, I lengthened the animated ones.

Robalan: Thanks, and Will do...If i can manage not to make it look too overbreathy. Sean Frog is chill, you know? And w00+, 1 |2 t3h ub3r 133t m45+0r!

Brian: Thanks. Again, note the [heavy WIP] in the title, explaining the sketchiness.

Ornust: If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try again. Reference.

This one doesn't include breathing.

Hit me. HIT ME!

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 11:38:05 am
Zero: "But i'm assuming this is a WIP, (based on the sketchy arms during the animation) so whatever." You can also assume it's WIP based on the fact that I said it in the title of this thread. :X As for the hoodie fall thing, I never really meant for this to loop...but I might as well.
Wow I feel dumb now...how did I miss that...? :blind:

Anyway, why'd you take out the breathing?

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 06:08:15 pm
I think the animation is a bit too fast, but it may be firefox. Either way I'd like to see a little more subpixel animation in the body itself. The breathing was nice, but I don't think it really gave enough life to it. Maybe the body swaying a little left to right or such would look nice.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 11:45:20 am
Nice! I like it...very original.  The first thing that stuck out was the colors on the hoodie--I love them!  :y:  Actually, all the clothing colors contrasts very well with the ultra-saturated green of the frog...nicely done.

There are a few gripes I've got though: First of all, the pants....I donno if it's the shading, the creases, or the edges of the pants, but they just look extremely flat...although that may just be me. Secondly, the shoes--A. the cartoon-y feel of them does not mix very well with the real/surrealism  you've got going with the rest of the piece, and B. the frog's right shoe (our left, duh :P) just looks rushed and not detailed...almost forgotten maybe?

Anyways, that's my two cents worth...too lazy I guess to comment on the animation...  And congrats on achieving uber-1337 (almost quite literally :P) status...this qualifies  ;) :y:
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.