AuthorTopic: [Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....  (Read 11007 times)

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Re: [Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....

Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 01:20:39 pm
The legs are normal... Its stile...

Now better? What should i change?

Offline Ryan Cordel

• Hi! I'm Daisy!
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 01:31:34 pm
No offense, but you will really have to work VERY hard on getting the walking animation right, as it is, it's very bad, sorry. Legs and arms never skip like that whenever you walk, however, I'll compliment you atleast, I like how much he skips like that.. He reminds me of Monkey Island' Stan, with his insane arm movement. :)

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 03:44:43 pm
It was my example when i were working : http://flooch.deviantart.com/art/Pixel-Bus-Animation-v-6-5988145
And i found this animation : http://flooch.deviantart.com/art/Pixel-Walk-10-Frames-6053501  - if i will make like that it will be better?

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 04:19:48 am
These are both pretty terrible examples.  I think you would benefit a lot by just poking around the pix boards a little more, maybe using the Search function, and digging up various isometric artwork from other members.  We've seen a lot of these around here, and their threads are almost always full of good tips, links to other examples, etc.

Also, something else you can do, is to examine non-isometric animation, and then do some loose, sketchy experiments to design your own isometric walk.  Or you can even just view video of ACTUAL people walking!  There are a lot of place to derive inspiration and ideas, but the proper execution of them will require practice.

Just please, for the love of all that is holy and good in this world, do not use those two animations as your targets or guides!!!

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 08:45:00 am
Maybe i need to change my character style?  ???

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 09:03:38 am
it seems like ISO walking is way harder to draw right than side-viewed walking ... Maybe you could practice with plain side walking first... Otherwise, you may prefer studying keyframes from e.g. SuperMario RPG or "the last ninja" (which was ISO 3D iirc).

I wouldn't call for a complete rework of your character, but i think his belt should definitively be higher. You made the torso so long that he looks like wearing a long sweatshirt almost to his knees. Which means as you move one of his legs forward, it looks like he's bending his knee the wrong way ... very odd.

You have something wrong with arms animation too: the elbow is a bit too low (imho) and you don't preserve the arm's lenght when you bend it. You should probably work with a lower animation speed if you want to get something coherent.

Again, look at the "dragon" animation: don't try to animate directly your pixels for human characters: rather animate a quick sketch and *then* draw your pixels over that "blueprint" of your animation. (dig the forum for the "four races" thread: they have a wonderful example there too).

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 09:18:37 am
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 12:03:14 pm by Genadinio »

Offline Fool

• View Profile
    • Fool's House

Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 02:29:24 pm
Yeah, i'd say take study on sidewalk - it's much easier to figure things out  what goes where and what follows what. I'm not much of methodologist - just quick edit for your sprite - changed proportion a little, added two more frames if you have a room for it, perhaps - 4 frame is a funny walk as it is=),  adjusted leg spacing and twick a few pixels to point far and close parts.=)

Hope it'll help. I recall someone posted a  tut for iso walk, just can't remember who.

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 02:38:55 pm
(Огромное спасибо тебе Fool)
Thx very much I will make my variant using your example later but THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 05:12:08 pm
Oh.. Here is my remake of fools walk animation.. ( i remaked it not becaurse Fool's animation is bad ( its brilliant!, i remakes it becaurse i want create all by myself )

Without any shading and good colouring... just animation :)

Oh my god later i will need alk animation from back :D

P.s. sorry for mistakes