AuthorTopic: [Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....  (Read 11056 times)

Offline Fizz

• View Profile

Re: [Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....

Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 05:24:18 pm
Well, look at his again because yours has no bounce. :D

The arms also sway in a unnatural looking way.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:23:15 pm by Fizz »

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 07:09:43 pm
I know that it has no bounce becaurse its Beta :) i will improve it when i will come back home.. after 3 days :)

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 07:17:59 pm
You need two key frames where the legs are spread apart.
If you're making an animation with six frames you need to create two inbetweens over a two frame stretch. That's not so easy.

What you instead should do is add two extra frames to your animation so that you have eight frames. You'll then have the key frames on 1 and 5 and the passing points on frame 3 and 7. The passing points are where the legs pass each other the closest. Usually you want the arms to move in sync so this is also where the arms pass from front to back and vice versa.

Now it's much easier to draw the final 4 inbetween frames.

Also it's very useful to look at one limb at a time. Does it move smoothly between the key frames? Is there a correct pendulum movement of the arms? is the foot moving at constant speed? If you paint one hand or one foot in a bright contrasting color it's easy to find out.

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 04:16:42 pm
Small update :

And i think that i will leave 6-frame animation ... Now i just need to create another one animation with view from back and recolour my character :)

P.S. And is it ok? :
I am talking only about pose.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:34:17 pm by Genadinio »

Offline Zoggles

• Conjuring stuff
    • View Profile
    • Mini Wizard Studios

Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 01:41:09 am
Please stop saying "I will do that bit later". You can't just do legs, and then just do the arms, and then add a bounce, you'll end up with something looking very disjointed. Those elements of a walk cycle are all fundamental to each other and affect each other. The bounce affects the length of arms and legs, the legs affects the twist of the body, the arm swing affects the bounce of the stride.. you need to work on all three simultaneously for a good result - even if the arms/body are just outlined and coloured later, it is important in order to get the leg movement looking correct.

A good walk animation *is* difficult, slightly more so in iso at that size because you have limited pixels to use to show the perspective and angle of the body.

In its current state, its not too bad and has shown good progress. However, the legs look too separated from each other (thighs hardly move) and in isometric, the front thigh should cover more of the back thigh at certain points in the cycle. Also 90% of your leg movement is only in the bottom half of the legs as if his thighs are strapped together with a belt. Walk a few steps in front of a big mirror and watch your own legs moving. The waist also has no movement - when he bounces his chest therefore seems to stretch. There is no movement in the shoulders either. The whole body should twist ever so slightly during the walk. As the arm swings back, it pulls the shoulder with it slightly, making the opposite shoulder move forwards slightly (most of the effect of this is just down to shading and details on clothing, but the should shape is another part that helps reflect a slight twist.

Z

Sorry if I don't seem to ever comment on your posts, but anything hosted on imageshack or most image hosting web sites is blocked from China. If I can't see it I can't therefore comment on it :(

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 04:15:27 pm
Thanx zoogles... Now i will finish that i began and then will go to next step
Update:

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 09:55:39 am
Hello everyone... :)

have a look at this Post

Regards
Pete :)
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com