AuthorTopic: [Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....  (Read 11008 times)

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

[Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....

on: August 06, 2007, 01:12:05 pm
Please help me i have been triing for along time but i cant do it... here is my characterand i cant make isometric walk animation please help somebody :) I need help only in legs animating!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:15:32 pm by Genadinio »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: [Need Help] Isometrci walk animation....

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 01:59:23 pm
I have to make a couple of assumptions based on this post.  The first is that you are trying to get someone to do your work for you.  This is based on the fact that there are lots of examples in games and on the web and on THIS very forum of how to do a good iso walkcycle, but clearly none of these have been sufficient.  Pixelation is for helpful critique; not free labor.  The second is that you didn't even TRY to make a walkcycle for this character; otherwise you would have posted it so that we COULD give you feedback.

You will find that you will get a better response if you at least TRY to accomplish the thing you're setting out to do, and post that work here, so that we can help guide you toward a product that you will be proud of and enjoy.

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 02:21:25 pm
Later i will post my tries but they are baaddd

And i have posted  mesage here not because i need someone to mace it for me .. I did it bacaurse i dont founf a good example..

Learn how to use the edit button instead of double posting  :mean: ... and checking your spelling wouldn't hurt either, heh - PandaSry.
Thx.

Here on of my tires

And here is another try to show is it normal?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 03:36:27 pm by Genadinio »

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 04:37:07 pm
You haven't found a good example, heh? Here's a fairly good one:
WALKCYCLE

As for the comment:
The upper body should move too... I know the legs are the trickiest part to get done correctly, but try to work your animation frames as a whole or the result won't look believable. Swinging the arms and making the body and head bob a little (check out the red lines on my example) are also important to create a good walkcycle.

The legs too, are not moving properly. Try to look at the approach the artist took in the example. Study it hard and come back after you've given it a shot, if you need further help. ;)

Offline Ben2theEdge

• I'ma drink mah coffee!
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart Gallery

Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 04:53:13 pm
Good examples of isometric animations are hard to come by... this one's okay though.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/squenix/kingdomhearts/com/display.php?file=http://www.spriters-resource.com/squenix/kingdomhearts/com/sora.png

What program are you using?
I mild from suffer dislexia.

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 05:19:54 pm
Stefano     I have already told that i need only legs animation becaurse its my problem... Other i will make later...
Ben2theEdge Thanx for your example but i think it will not help me ( i will try but...)  Anywaythank you

Offline Stefano

• 10 different types of soup
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART profile

Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 07:21:34 pm
Ben2TheEdge,
Your example is much cooler than mine! Although the one I've posted is more schematic and easier to understand.

Genadino,

How come these examples are not going to help you? The one Ben has posted is quite close to what you need. You probably won't get it right the first time, but hey, who did? We're all here to learn. Try to study, understand the examples and improve your own animation, otherwise you probably won't get any help.

I know it's your problem. I've only mentioned it because if you animate only parts of the sprite you'll have to re-do a lot of stuff to blend it to the rest of the animated body. So, I just meant to help.
But if that's what you want, by all means, suit yourself.

Offline Genadinio

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 07:34:02 pm
I will try yhanx for help .. 

Aded:

Huh..... I think i did it ... How is looking leg animation now???

P.s. dont say that all body must move i will make full animation later :P....
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 11:47:34 am by Genadinio »

Offline JimKurth

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 07:51:52 am
I'm new, but in my opinion, the legs seem rather short in comparison to the torso.  Also, the legs look like they are moving in a semi-2d, semi-iso perspective.  What I mean is, there really isn't any depth to the motion (the back leg always appears behind the front).  I guess with shade and the proper angle (based on the position of the upper body) is what defines that.  I made an edit to show you what I mean (just for example)

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 08:04:18 am
i'm certainly not a guru in isometric pixels, but a couple of months ago, i saw this post about a small dragon animation, where some of the edits show how mangust works with a slight iso grid to test his walking animations.

If you don't know too much how to start, it might be a good thing to plot "footprints" on that grid and try to have your character match these prints.