AuthorTopic: Animated sea...  (Read 7977 times)

Offline Alonso

• View Profile
    • Heart Forth, Alicia

Re: Animated sea...

Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 12:34:22 am
The latest version of the animated sea-waves is coincidentally or consciously similar to Metal Slug's:

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 02:44:56 pm by Alonso »

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 05:19:25 am
Alonso, at least on my system that image isn't popping up unless i dig out the URL from your post, and having done so, the water is definitely not sufficiently similar to warrant a post that is otherwise lacking critique or advice.

Frankie - if you can be bothered to find the image that Alonso tried to link, you'l see one thing they did that your image is moving TOWARD but has not yet achieved - which is water is one constantly distorting surface, rather than a flat surface with a variety of distortions popping out of it here and there.  I'd continue working on eradicating those flat sections while you polish the tiling!

Offline mjau

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 02:13:12 pm
Here's a short video of some real sea waves I shot a couple days ago (at Fedje, Norway): click (1.5 mb).  Not the best quality (i've just got a digital photo camera, not really intended for video..), but I hope it might be somewhat useful anyway.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 02:14:56 pm by trick »

Offline Alonso

• View Profile
    • Heart Forth, Alicia

Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 02:46:23 pm
Alonso, at least on my system that image isn't popping up unless i dig out the URL from your post, and having done so, the water is definitely not sufficiently similar to warrant a post that is otherwise lacking critique or advice.

Frankie - if you can be bothered to find the image that Alonso tried to link, you'l see one thing they did that your image is moving TOWARD but has not yet achieved - which is water is one constantly distorting surface, rather than a flat surface with a variety of distortions popping out of it here and there.  I'd continue working on eradicating those flat sections while you polish the tiling!

I wasn't trying to push too hard, but if it looked otherwise than what was mentioned, I wouldn't have said a word. Apparently, I'm the only one who notes rescemblance, after asking a couple of friends, so be that my interpretation. Regardless, I'd try to add frames to the entire animation (particularly because there's a couple of waves that leap just too much). Animating sea is worthy of being an ordeal, I've known, so I hope you reach a result you like. I'd also change the colour-tone of the waves to something more, well, saturated (albeit the suggestion be with mslug's sea in mind).

Should I embellish further, AdamAtomic?

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 06:13:49 pm
this is some bad ass animation! Well done! What's going to be it's usage?
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube