AuthorTopic: Campaign Central  (Read 17637 times)

Offline Peppermint Pig

• View Profile

Campaign Central

on: November 10, 2005, 01:26:31 pm
Alright, please post your intent to run here. Provided you are seconded by someone, you are considered to be in the running. You may campaign up until the 23rd of this month. You're welcome to withdraw at any time, and if your support is revoked, you need to acquire that again.

As a reminder, there are 3 seats available this time. Unless you specify which seats you want to run for, you will be added to the ballot for every seat.

Campaign Thread: You may create 1 thread to promote yourself.

Banners: People tend to make banners during the campaign period, in addition to creating a thread to promote their mission for the quarter. People typically run with 100x75 sized banners. It's not obligatory to create one, but it can help get the word out.

Good Luck Everyone!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 03:07:12 pm by Peppermint Pig »

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Campaign Central

Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 06:01:17 pm
I intend to run. I will focus on getting a commercial critique out this time, and make sure there will be a secret santa gift activity.

Vote Gil, you know you want to :D

Offline Mercury Rising

• View Profile
    • RaiderRobotix

Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 06:25:51 pm
Gil make some badges and I'll wear em!  I support you.
Proud to be a BMS team:

Offline Evan

• Marv-O
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 07:08:15 pm
I'm running again. Everyone vote for me.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 07:17:38 pm
Daijin can't run/serve twice in a row.

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 09:51:42 pm
I'm going to run for the first time.

I know I'm not very popular here (yes, I know most elections are a popularity contest), but I really want to help out this community.

Most of the people who run want to just prove their popularity and get a pat on the back. 

I really want to be in a position to help give back to this wonderful board. 

I think pixelpolis is a unique and treasured gem, and I want to do everything in my power to make sure it stays that way.

Offline robalan

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 10:02:11 pm
I intend to run as well.  I know I haven't posted much, but I am here all the time, and would love to help out the community.  Seeing as I'm only going to be taking 14 credit hours of classes next semester due to one of the classes I wanted filling up before I could register, I should have plenty of time to devote to serving the wonderful people of Pixelopolis.
Always remember: a preposition is not something you should end a sentence with.

Offline Dogmeat

• YOKOYAMA
    • View Profile
    • Mindcrank

Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 11:20:01 pm
I'm going to run for the first time.

I know I'm not very popular here (yes, I know most elections are a popularity contest), but I really want to help out this community.

Most of the people who run want to just prove their popularity and get a pat on the back. 

I really want to be in a position to help give back to this wonderful board. 

I think pixelpolis is a unique and treasured gem, and I want to do everything in my power to make sure it stays that way.

I don't think you're qualified to judge the "reasons" why everyone else would run, I think it's very childish on your part to try and make yourself look bigger and better then other people by putting them down. but then again, maybe i'm wrong.
Daisuke Nagano Yokoyama

Offline NyanNyanKoneko

• View Profile
    • Playing With Yarn

Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 12:12:43 am
I don't think you're qualified to judge the "reasons" why everyone else would run, I think it's very childish on your part to try and make yourself look bigger and better then other people by putting them down. but then again, maybe i'm wrong.

I think you're being childish by assuming I lack the qualifications to make observations and judgements.  I'm sorry, I'm an adult and am qualified to have an opinion.  My opinion is that a lot of elections are popularity contests.

Secondly, you are clearly putting words in my mouth I did not say.  While I was clear to say that "most people" (which is a percentage above 50%) would fall under this catagory, you said that I was speaking of "everyone else."

Now, you can infer that I feel bigger and better than the other people running.  I don't blame you.  I am a strong speaker, and my opinions are clear.  This is part of making a strong argument.  I am sorry I threatened you in making my argument to sell myself, but I never put any specific person or persons down in my statement.

I can not believe you would think that in an election, it's "childish" to make yourself out to be better than the other canidates.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 12:17:18 am by NyanNyanKoneko »

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 12:19:11 am
.. I'll support you NyanNyan, anyone with the letters 'Kon' in their name is ok in my books.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 12:22:12 am by Alex Hanson-White »