AuthorTopic: MoiPal dump  (Read 3070 times)

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

MoiPal dump

on: August 03, 2007, 11:14:17 am
These are objects I've created for the mobile/web life simulation game MoiPal.

These are all items you can use to decorate your apartment. The big pictures are paintings on the wall. A slightly smaller version of the samurai pic has already been seen here, if you remember.

You can check out the English version here: MoiPal

And here is the Finnish version: MoiPal

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: MoiPal dump

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:57:49 pm
nicely done, i think tiny boats and plants are your strong suits here.

some things, like the posters, feel very flat.  If i ever got a large number of posters to hang flat on the wall, i would consider myself both lucky and skilled :P

btw those guys really <3 public domain over there, practically everything I saw was a downscaled famous painting :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline JJ Naas

• View Profile
    • My Deviantart page

Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 07:10:12 am
Adarias: thanks. I deliberately made the posters look a bit flat so that they'd look like 2d prints on a wall rather than open gateways to some other dimension.

As for the public domain material.. that's stuff that was thrown in ages ago, at the beginning of the project when new graphs were needed fast, and they've stuck since. All the new material is totally original.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:41:51 pm
I don't mean flat as in the pictures lack depth, I mean flat as in they do not look like posters.  Hung posters are essentially rather stiff and overpinned drapery, where these just look painted onto the wall itself.  Without a frame or matt, there's only the strength of the tacks and tape to keep them near smooth.
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.