AuthorTopic: Nooblet Cola.  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: Nooblet Cola.

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 02:14:11 am
You better start remembering because I might start locking. We're not here to hold your hand through developing the ability to gather and apply information.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 02:19:51 am
If you are reading an article 4 or 5 times without remembering it, you are not reading it correctly.  Reading for retension is an invaluable skill and pretty much a prerequisite for learning anything in a text-based environment.  I have found that this tends to stem from one broad issue - not caring about what you are reading.  Did you read it too quickly? Skip words and phrases? Listen to music, talk to your friends?  It's like a conversation; if you do not want to recollect it you will not be able to. Next time you read through it, be sure to treat it as though it's important (and the basics of light, as simplified as this guy writes about them, are pretty important).
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ornust

• Nooblet. ;_;
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 02:53:10 am
You better start remembering because I might start locking. We're not here to hold your hand through developing the ability to gather and apply information.

I'm really sorry, Helm. I've had a rough time today, but I have no right to request such information.

On a later note, I read it through another time.. and now refer to it as I work, so that it will be embedded in my long-term memory. (Eventually. Hopefully.)

Edit: Here's a MiniCola can, with orange Radiance from an invisible Orange cola can. .O.     (Oh damn, I forgot the white background again.)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:28:41 am by Ornust »
The Newbie's Newb.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 03:36:16 am
If you can't remember it, try checking out some other tutorials, like something on simple forms. If its too much to take in at once, start with a smaller chunk of information.

http://www.anticz.com/drawing1.htm

Something like that. I don't know.

EDIT: In regards to your edit, it's still not shaded in terms of its form (ie, a cylinder). There's no shadow.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 03:37:56 am by EyeCraft »

Offline Ornust

• Nooblet. ;_;
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 03:52:15 am
Do you mean shadow as in shadow, or shadow as in Shading?
The Newbie's Newb.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 04:35:14 am
Shadow as in the absence of direct light.

Offline basara

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 03:39:38 pm
I edited your can, maybe it can help you.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 05:00:59 pm
"a l'il bit" is NOT an appropriate response to a great edit that addresses all of the problems with your work.  Be more responsible in the future.  This will likely be a strike for you, ornust, despite managing to avoid using the word "newb".

Offline Ornust

• Nooblet. ;_;
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 07:01:03 pm
"a l'il bit" is NOT an appropriate response to a great edit that addresses all of the problems with your work.  Be more responsible in the future.  This will likely be a strike for you, ornust, despite managing to avoid using the word "newb".

I've been making all these dumb mistakes lately, I'm terribly sorry for them. I'll try to be more responsible with my posts.

I do appreciate the edit, but my eyes were blurry at the time, and I only saw what looked like a JPEG of my older can without the logo. Sorry for that. I didn't even zoom in. Until now
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 07:15:27 pm by Ornust »
The Newbie's Newb.