AuthorTopic: the win ship.  (Read 10385 times)

Offline halu

• wtf :D
    • View Profile

the win ship.

on: August 01, 2007, 01:28:32 am
oldest:

Yus, I know it's probably got a quite a few errors, but, I haven't pixelled in a while, so, I need help.
gogogo crits.

old edition:

not sure how to go about the flames, crits please (:

newer:
changed color, tried to add depth ->

newerer:

newest:

my own colors this time.

win.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:52:37 am by halu »

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: judge me o:<

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 01:31:22 am
Not much too critique, it's way too small, the only things I can suggest at this size are better colors and more contrast.

Offline Aelyrin

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 01:34:20 am
I can't tell what they are. o3o;
But maybe it's just me.
The bottom thing looks like it could be a shield, but I'm not certain. But the other things... no clue.

Offline halu

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 01:37:06 am
Well, the bottom thing was a ball, but after I wiped my eyes, I realized it looks nothing liek a ball.
the others were a ship and the ship leaning to the left and right :(
anyone wanna edit to show me exactly how to make it better?

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 01:45:03 am
Make them bigger, so you can add more detail to them, like I said, there's not much to critique right now, I guess one more thing I can critique on with the current is that when the ship is turned it's barely noticable.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:59:09 am
come on bengoshia, this is a pixelart board...is your critique really to up the size?

uhm. the ball is a ball. but what kinda ball is it? is it just a ball for the sake of a circly thingy?

you need contrast more than anything, chose colors that are more eye catching, and differentiate from eachother more effectively.

The ship tilting seems to work. but I must ask why all the outer parts of the ship are dark? try to start thinking in lightsources.

The design of the ship is also quite un-shiply. you know, put some aerodynamics, or some turbins somewhere.

Offline halu

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:07:24 am
im in this process of makin bigger one.
so, yeah.

Offline Kren

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 02:35:13 am
at first I though it was a missile of some sort, hmm you should make it bigger so you can add more details, the red orb thing seems to be pillow shaded :/

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 06:56:43 am
Make them bigger, so you can add more detail to them, like I said, there's not much to critique right now, I guess one more thing I can critique on with the current is that when the ship is turned it's barely noticable.
Ah yes, it just might. In fact, I'd go as far as to suggest more MUSCLESTRONGER :yell:

That was sarcasm, just to note.

But seriously, Bengoshia, what is up? You've been making tons of posts about making things bigger, or more realistic. It's like you're not quite in puberty and all that matters is Halo with it's uber-realism(Wait, what's popular now? Gears of War?). Don't we have enough of that? 96% of modern games feature high resolution graphics with a billion colors and details so tiny you can't even make out what the hell you're looking at. Simple and small CAN look good, believe it or not. And while these are on the small side, I think they'd still be readable in a shooter game. Particularly if it's viewed at 2x.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 07:35:08 am
Whao whao wait, I was being serious, I honestly think it should be bigger. It's hard to read at this size(well, a bit, but if viewed in 2x like you said, still though), I'm not saying like disturbingly bigger, just you know, a bit bigger so more details can be added.
I'm not saying simple and small can't look good, but I mean, this is pretty small, at this size there's not much you can possibly do, also, don't get butthurt over me just wanting it bigger.

I noticed you were using true grays(I just... dislike them) and like I said it needs more contrast, here's an edit of mine:

I would suggest that you also add some l33t blast effects, for they are l33t oh and make them GIGANTIC so Sherman Gill will complain about how everything's too big these days and back in his day all they had were small things(Yeah, I'm pushing it a bit, no hard feelings :P).
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:37:23 am by bengoshia »