AuthorTopic: The Best Game in the Universe  (Read 9675 times)

Offline Faktablad

• grow
    • View Profile
    • Couchpixel

Re: The Best Game in the Universe

Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 04:20:42 pm
I think you should make the beef jerky look more like beef jerky.  Your first beef jerky looked better because it was more organic.  I made an edit to show what I mean.

Notice the more beefy outline.  I think the outline is most important, since it's highlighted in white, for suggesting the beef jerky shape while in gameplay.  Also, I'm not sure it's that important to keep the beef jerky proportional to the characters.  I think you can afford to make it a bit larger in order to get more detail in there.  Or you might just replace the lone beef jerky with a bag of beef jerky so you can clearly label it.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 11:40:16 am

Title screen's done I guess but eh, I wanna see if you guys think the flames look alright(I'll probably end up animating the flames). Finally changed Maddox's light source completely, beef jerky should look better and so should the goth, enemies that I'll eventually do are a bear, a little kid and a feminist.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:44:08 pm by bengoshia »

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 03:07:45 pm
The lettering looks good overall, though I'm not feeling the G. I reckon the lower bevel should be smaller than the upper (of the "tail"). Flames look good, but could probably use a bigger hue and value range.

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 02:46:11 am
Well, to be honest, I didn't like the title, so I'll redo it, I'm in the process of making an idle animation but with a completely new and better sprite:

I'd like to thank Ryumaru for being so kick ass and taking time to do edits to show me how to make it manlier. I know this means starting over with everything but I figured either I change it now or keep going, I'm glad I changed it. I wanted to make a more professional looking title screen, does anyone know of any good tutorials or perhaps some good examples to look at?

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 04:48:09 am
In the new one, his near forearm sort of bends and is too low. I'd say make the fists even and straighten out his forearm. Or something.
And his pecs seem facing too far to the right.
His hands need some work...

Uhh...

Hey...
It looks like he's holding something in his near hand  :o

Hmm...something about his shoulders is weird...I think his far shoulder is too small.

This one is much, much, crazyloads better than the last though. 'ts cool you're not afraid to start over.

I wanted to make a more professional looking title screen, does anyone know of any good tutorials or perhaps some good examples to look at?
No, but if you find some tell me ;)

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 16, 2007, 05:09:17 am
Oh man, I just noticed it looked like he was holding "something", I guess I'll move that up, I'd make it now, but, ugh, I have a major-ass headache so I'll do it in the morning. I need some tips on how I should animate this though, not very good at animating at all.
Edit: And thats when I flipped my sprite horizontally and noticed how many errors it had in it, thanks to Takam for pointing it out, guess I need to start over.... again.  :hehe: Scratch that, changing his pose so he's away from his giant man meat and fixing the anatomy issues(i.e. too lazy to make a completely new Maddox).

Edit 2: Fixed him up a bit, I have no clue where to go, to be honest, this is actually depressing me a bit, there's still alot of problems and like I said, I don't know where to go next:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 06:57:03 am by bengoshia »

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 06:24:10 am
Hmm, legs too short/hips too low, bicep on front arm looks too low, tricep looks strange too. Torso seems out of perspective with the rest of the piece. You could increase the saturation and red of one of the skin shadow tones and recycle it to remove one of the red tones on the belt. Shading on the bandana seems off, like the top should be lit more, and that the light should be hitting more of it on the side. Far leg's shading is strangely lit, that specular doesn't seem to fit. I think the nipple should be lower, also. He's missing a wrist on the foremost arm (closest to us). Face's shading seems inconsistent (look at position of speculars, and how lit the far side is).

I'd say lose the black outlines, also.

EDIT: Here's a bit of an edit;

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:45:34 am by EyeCraft »

Offline bengo

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 01, 2007, 08:21:13 am

Still debating on whether it should have an outline or not outline, I fixed a few things here and there, thanks for the edit.

Edit:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 08:39:27 pm by bengoshia »

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 08:47:31 pm
stylish character at the end, but i didn't see shooes :)

and this left arm looks at the same depth, maybe a more darker like the down of his body no?