AuthorTopic: Face Study  (Read 12889 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: Face Study

Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 11:11:38 pm
all you seem to be doing is copying different faces.... how about some of your own creations without reference.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 04:54:17 am
all you seem to be doing is copying different faces.... how about some of your own creations without reference.
Good point though I think a reference is ok for anatomy reasons just don't copy as it may not help you think why stuff is where it is. Secondly these studies are not really pixel art. More painted with the pencil tool.

Offline Obsidantion

• View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 10:53:13 am
I agree, it would be good practice to not have a reference as it would force me to remember what I have learned for the outcome to be any good. I was getting a bit worried that these posts weren't right for pixelation as it's more about improving single pieces here. Could I ask if anyone knows a site that would offer critique that this kind of quick practice stuff would be better suited for (I was thinking something like www.conceptart.org). Cheers.

Oh ps Arachne & Adarias offered some info earlier for the sprites that this thread was original for but I didn't get to updating it, just wanted to say thanks for the help and it will definitely come in use for many other sprites I'll make in the future.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:57:08 am by Obsidantion »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007, 11:07:11 am
Just wanted to say that the walkthingy Adarias posted there is VERY feminine. It's essentially a catwalk kinda stride and not how most people, let alone men would walk in every day life :P
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.