AuthorTopic: Bad at what i like  (Read 10902 times)

Offline UBC

• View Profile

Bad at what i like

on: July 31, 2007, 01:33:12 am
iv always liked art... all different kinds... iv tried alot of different things but just cant get good at any of them
i can do ok an most things but i haven't found something im really good at

i just need help finding whats right for me
i really want to get into art but i just need to find what im good at

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Re: Bad at what i like

Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:45:55 am
I'm sorry this is so much pointless pathetic bullshit!  The only way you get good at anything is by practicing every day, not "finding" something.  Start practicing, and stop making dumb posts like this.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 01:48:01 am
maybe too tough love there, Adam, but true. There's a self-helping loop where if you try something enough and get a bit good at it, the results give you even more motivation to continue. Encouragement from within is the best thing you can hope for. Do things until you can get good at them. Or die.

Offline UBC

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 01:52:55 am
maybe too tough love there, Adam, but true. There's a self-helping loop where if you try something enough and get a bit good at it, the results give you even more motivation to continue. Encouragement from within is the best thing you can hope for. Do things until you can get good at them. Or die.

thats sorta my problem

i get a few good ideas... do them... they get better as i go... then i run out of ideas.. and im stuck

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 01:55:39 am
Could you tell us your age? It is to be expected that you'll have a lot of emotional rollercoasters, especially about creative stuff, while you're a teenager. Don't worry, we've all gone through them and most of us survived without doing anything too embarassing. I've set fire to flames... I mean, I've set fire to comics right after making them when I was 15 because they WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( and all that stuff.

My advice? Don't take your life too heavily for now, and keep doing what you do. Make stuff, hate it or like it for a while, make new stuff. Keep practising.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 01:58:15 am
I disagree with Helm, you should become an hero and give us epic lulz. Heh, kidding, but to be serious, if you think you suck, the only way to make you not suck is to practice, practice, practice, so just keep drawing and eventually you'll get better.

Offline UBC

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 02:06:45 am
im 16 turning 17 in a few months

i want to do thing but i need the ideas to start them...

like with pixeling.. i made a few pixels then i wanted to do more but i just couldn't think of what to do...

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 02:13:38 am
I don't understand the 'I don't know what to draw!' problem, I've never had it. I just don't draw until I have something I want to draw. Other times I ask other people to tell me what to draw, and I do that for practise.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 02:15:40 am
Dude, I've been pixelling since I was 15, I'm 16 right now, you gotta be kidding me if you can't come with not even a single idea, also, you're not making much sense "I made a few pixels then I wanted to do more but I just couldn't think of what to do...", wait, a few pixels, like did you make a circle and go "I give up"?

It's not hard to do art, I mean jesus dude, just decide something, watch some TV, listen to some music and make something, you don't have to be totally original, go ahead and make some random person, it's still an idea, amirite? Now stop being emo and do something with your life, you can either bitch or you can start trying to get good at what you wanna do.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 02:20:56 am by bengoshia »

Offline UBC

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 02:33:36 am
no iv done more than circles lol
and im not emo as far as i know...
my life is fine
its just art thats being mean to me  :'(
 :P

so helm...
i guess this might help cause you said have other people tell you what to do...
Tell me what to do! ;D