AuthorTopic: Hey!  (Read 16914 times)

Offline Krizmo

• Yes, that is me.
    • View Profile

Re: Hey!

Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 10:40:05 am
 :o

This stuff is really good! I especially like the big iso pic. If only I had your skills :P
Look for your friends, but do not trust a hope. It is forsaken these lands....

Offline Coner

• Jing & Jang
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 03:00:35 pm
i´ve always loved your art  ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 08:23:30 pm by Coner »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 06:41:41 pm
oh how ive missed you.
alexander

Offline DrDerekDoctors

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 07:41:17 pm
Nice to see you back, Gunstar (deffo should have kept the old 'nick). Whatchoo been up to aside from drawing them lovelies?
--

DrDerekDoctors

Offline Tinygiant

• View Profile
    • .:: ARMY OF TROLLS ::.

Reply #24 on: November 11, 2005, 09:12:41 am
Nice to see you back, Gunstar (deffo should have kept the old 'nick). Whatchoo been up to aside from drawing them lovelies?

Good question Graham, probably playing Warcraft :P Put my slackness down to that anyway.

Offline BlackEye

• View Profile
    • blackeye.org

Reply #25 on: November 11, 2005, 09:31:38 am
Its Gunstar  ;D

Great that you are back
-blackeye-

flamingpyroxxx

Reply #26 on: November 12, 2005, 02:16:29 am
omg, that dream scene is amazing. How long did it take you?

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #27 on: November 12, 2005, 02:39:31 am
heh, glad to see ya back.
you were one of the reasons / inspirations for me to follow the cartoony path.

nice stuff you gots goin on.
i like the smooth animation of the first, and the grass at the edge. im not fond of the dirt though. the rocks also look like they are floating -> no shadow.

the second one, im not overly fond of. The ears have too strong of a glare/ highlight making them look plastic. Cant say im fond of the perfect circle head. Im fine with a circle being a base shape, but not in a full 360, add in a few curves or flow into body or ears better. The shadow you put on his face, is only shading the sphere part, and not taking into account eye indents, chin, or cheek. thats probably the biggest thing that bothers me about it.. his arms look really awkward. if you were to have them in that shape, the hands should be pointed more down because at the angle you have them, looks like hes forcing them up rather than being relaxed

the kiki picutre is nice. good jobs on that :)

there are several things that i see in the big iso that could be worked on. but since you mentioned tht you only had very limited time, and then it wasnt used after all i wont go into to it.

nice to have you back.
everythings looking good.

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #28 on: November 12, 2005, 04:23:08 am
the second one, im not overly fond of. The ears have too strong of a glare/ highlight making them look plastic. Cant say im fond of the perfect circle head. Im fine with a circle being a base shape, but not in a full 360, add in a few curves or flow into body or ears better. The shadow you put on his face, is only shading the sphere part, and not taking into account eye indents, chin, or cheek. thats probably the biggest thing that bothers me about it.. his arms look really awkward. if you were to have them in that shape, the hands should be pointed more down because at the angle you have them, looks like hes forcing them up rather than being relaxed

come on flaber...you really think gunstar doesnt know all of that already? if you make BIG SQUARED 255 255 255 speculars, you are not going for subtlety, a plasticy look would be an understatement, squared fully white speculars are nothing but unrealistically bright. not everything has to look relaxed natural or logical, sometimes the elements of a pic are just there for their sheer visual effect, Gunstar specially has been one to focus on odd techniques like that, including this specifical pic obviously.

Sorry, I know you are just giving a really thought out nicely put and honest crit, but one has to keep in mind the practical aspect when making a crit, one needs to focus on something the topic starter will actually find useful/enlightning, it's just a big waste of time for everyone otherwise. I was one to give huge crits about whatever the hell I felt like left and right, but in the end you realize it's only gonna get everyone frustrated, and just skipping a big irelevant crit avoids lots of useless formalities and fake gratitudes.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 04:31:23 am by Camus »

Offline flaber

• Captain.
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: November 12, 2005, 05:10:41 am
thanks...

1. crits are suggestions toward a piece that could help make it better.
2. they are suggestions from the perspective of a certain viewer. they do not represent everyone, they only represent one person and their views on how to improve a piece.
3. not all crits are to be used. they are meerly suggestions, that the artist can consider fixing or keep in mind for further reference.
4. there is no one that is above a crit.
5. the person giving a crit gains alittle themselves because breaking down anothers picture helps them to gain a few tricks and new knowledge.

I know perfectly well he knows what hes doing. Im no idiot, but thanks for taking me as one. I was being practical with my crit. I wasnt telling him it didnt resemble a real life panda, or that his legs are too damn skinny. i was voicing my opinion on what I thought may make a better piece, if i was to make an edit. that does not necessarsarily mean i wanted him to take me up on it word for word, but perhaps to think about it. edits on a picture are inpired by comments, not lead by them.

if gunstar looked at my post and found it completly useless and irrelavant to the whole topic (sorry for  mentioning you, im just using you as an example since its your thread) then he would be too high on himself, and all posts except glorifcations would be useless.

lastly, i cant believe you feel you have the right over others to critisize others for their replys to others. I had fully intended it on being a positive useful post for him, but then you come and distort everything. thanks..
but seriously what the hell do you want me to do? make useless one liner posts?
oh wait didnt we have a problem with that at old pixelation??
but if thats what you want:

"Sorry, I know you are just giving a really thought out nicely put and honest crit, but one has to keep in mind the practical aspect when making a crit, one needs to focus on something the topic starter will actually find useful/enlightning, it's just a big waste of time for everyone otherwise. I was one to give huge crits about whatever the hell I felt like left and right, but in the end you realize it's only gonna get everyone frustrated, and just skipping a big irelevant crit avoids lots of useless formalities and fake gratitudes."

ill be glad to be the leader of it.
wowzers thats totally awsome, i worship you forever

..but thanks.. thanks for enlightning me...