AuthorTopic: Splatter Sleeves  (Read 17366 times)

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Re: Splatter Sleeves

Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 01:48:28 pm
Silver - thanks man. i didn't really learn from books. i studied a lot of different artist styles and came up with my own. an artist name Alan Tew inspired me the most, check out his work if u want.  www.beeba.net

flamingpyroxxx - thanks :D legs huh? ok, when i'm not too lazy i'll add in some legs.

flamingpyroxxx

Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 02:40:30 pm
great, cant wait to see em  ;)

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 06:31:11 pm
Looks cool; I would make the head smaller. I second David's edits too.

Thanks for the artist link too, that guy is good.
@darionmccoy

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 07:42:07 am
smaller? i like his huge head... i do like davids edits but i don't wanna get rid of the blue hair. thanks for the comment and crit

Offline Kazuya Mochu

• ^thx Larwick
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio website

Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 02:04:57 pm
yeah you should change the color of the hair, type of cloths, the characters gender, and if you can, the size of the zip... yep, thats pretty much what you need for me to be pleased!

COME ON PPL!!!

it's HIS work, his choices, his style. and we gotta look at it for its worth, not for what we'de like it to be. hell, then I'd ask him to make a girl and show the boobs!

it's nice you sugest more contrast and all, because you could see the details better. but not cause "it looks better". it's up to de artist to define what looks better in a piece of art. it's his message, not ours.
in game art, ok, id say "i dont see what weapon he is carring, make it bigger" or "I cant tell de diference bettewn the hero and the vilan". thats all good critics. and "the head is too big" is good to... if he was going for realism. which I know is not the case.
its a work of art. eighter you like it or not. you dont go and change it till you like it. its not a lamp, or a couch, that you pick out of a catalog :D

I think splatpixel made color choices because he feels thoes are the best. and the size of the head is his choice too. why change it? so it can be the booring same old proportions-correct kind of human drawing? hes past that I'm sure!

give the man some room to express him self!

Kaz
Image size doesn't matter! It's what you do with your pixels that counts!

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 03:34:09 pm
Thanks splatpixel for the artist link , he is really good artist .
I also agree with kazuya . I think every artist has his own style since he is not after real life drawing or a proper humen shape .

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 03:42:15 pm
Very nicely put, Kazuyu. I agree 100% with what you said.

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 05:15:26 pm
So, when it comes to a non-realistic piece, just sit back and praise it? Thats what it sounds like you are saying; "Its what the artists wants, so don't mess with it", nah, I don't think so. Splatpixel can do whatever he wants to, but no one is forbidden to tell him what doesn't look right.

They are just suggestions.
@darionmccoy

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 09:37:56 pm
yeah you should change the color of the hair, type of cloths, the characters gender, and if you can, the size of the zip... yep, thats pretty much what you need for me to be pleased!

THINK ABOUT IT, SPLAT.

Seriously though, they're just giving suggestions. That's what C+C is. Just suggestions. We aren't holding a gun to his head, telling him to change head size or we'll rape his first born. Well, I hope we aren't.

Offline BoogieManX

• I'm Coming For You
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 10:22:14 pm
lol, very nice Blick