AuthorTopic: Splatter Sleeves  (Read 17507 times)

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Re: Splatter Sleeves

Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 04:53:56 am
pixelblink - heh, thanks much

Krizmo - thanks, i do have another drawing that i'm thinking of using for the bg, still not sure thought.

Kazuya Mochu - yea, thanks for the comment

Tinygiant - lol, me too, but not with these colors, a B&W one. :D

Gil - thanks much for the comment and crit

Xion Night - thanks. that would be kinda cool, but theres one lil problem...this character would stand out from the rest because hes so...bright, heh.

Zach - thats who he reminded me of!!! thanks from sayen that, i can sleep better at night now...

Dogmeat - lol, don't think i have ever seen one, would be cool though. thanks for the comment.

Ryumaru - thanks so much. i did have some aa in the splatters but i didn't like it so i left it with the rough, messy look.

Offline Negative Gravity

• I'm a Pixel!
    • View Profile
    • Zoomrix

Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 04:57:08 am
Anger must bring out the best out of people.  :o
Sorry to hear about your loss. Something similar happened to me but... not 20 hourse of work dude!

The art is amazing. I especially love the style of coloring on the hoodie, that design is just fantabulous! Great work.

aka: Zoomrix

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 05:47:19 am
Hmmm, I'll focus mostly on the colors of the piece. You can do much better, and I'll show you how.

In this I mostly just focused on getting the saturation and brightness shifts more consistently spaced.

Here is where I really think the most improvement can be seen. Hue shifts are important.

Just general fiddling around.

Don't mean to come off all "holy than thou," but I thought I would share what little I know.

Offline Lmnop

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 06:00:10 am
Nice stuff splat, awesome as always. But this is definately one of my favourite of your pieces.
Get these jumpers made, and ill definately buy one off you.

Dogmeat: i know what your talking bout with the huge zipper things, there are many people at my old school who have them on their backpacks and they are indeed quite large.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 06:09:50 am
 That is some great piece. I love it! The shading is wonderful and the character looks good also.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 10:01:37 am
Negative Gravity - lol, it brings out the best of people? i thought it was the worst... heh, i guess for art it does. thanks alot for the comment.

David - damn, those look much better, thanks for showen me up, heh.

Ireland - thanks much. heh i should do that huh. a black & white would look tight.

Andy Tran - thanks so much :D

Offline Conzeit

• Camus
    • conzeit
    • View Profile
    • CONZEIT

Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 03:23:42 am
awesome, the splat is back =D and with a new type of pic no less. I thought you got bored or smething

I really like the sweatshirt with the splat pattern, and the way he ruffles his forehead like that, the way you did the lighting on the shoulders is cool too.

Offline SplatPixel

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: November 11, 2005, 07:34:08 am
Camus - i could never get bored of pixeling, heh i pixel when i'm bored. thanks so much for the comment. :)

Offline Silver

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 11, 2005, 10:46:40 am
Yeah I agree , its well done .
the face and the hood are my fav part
amazing piece splat again  :D
btw : how did u learn to draw like that ?! any speacial book?

flamingpyroxxx

Reply #19 on: November 12, 2005, 02:15:10 am
that is amazing. There is so much detail in it, everything is proportioned just right. I love it, no critiques at all here except that i agree with some other people, you should make some legs for him.