Critique > Pixel Art

Need help reviewing Character design

(1/1)

Craky:
  Hello! This is my first time doing this Form of art,It's pretty fun to mix color in small canvas
I'm currently focusing on sprite character design (hopefully suitable for games) and i think this is the best i can do
I always have trouble with shading object correctly, i'm not sure if i add too much or too little, any feedback on shading is really appreciated

For this image,i'm dressing her with an oversized t-shirt that has a moon picture, green pyjamas, And a ribbon for small decor ;)
Tell me if any of the description above doesn't match what you think you see, i can try to fix that.
Also if possible i want to give her a bored look, is it doable in such a small size?

The logo on left bottom is "pigment" An app for randomized color pallete used for this piece,
I made few shades of the base color.

Edit: Major fix in writing,i'm sorry

Chonky Pixel:
A couple of things I'd try, just ideas:

- The hair and skin are similar shades. Giving a different colour or shade to the hair might help define them better.

- The legs both look like they're the same distance away. Make one darker to push it back.

Craky:

--- Quote from: Chonky Pixel on May 22, 2020, 11:21:37 am ---A couple of things I'd try, just ideas:

- The hair and skin are similar shades. Giving a different colour or shade to the hair might help define them better.

- The legs both look like they're the same distance away. Make one darker to push it back.

--- End quote ---

Alright!, I'll keep that in mind for the next piece, Thanks for your time!

dpixel:
For small stuff like this reduce your colors.  And like already said some of your colors are too similar.  Higher contrast helps to define shapes as well.

Edit (reduced to 8 colors)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version