AuthorTopic: Deers, Birds & Others  (Read 3953 times)

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Deers, Birds & Others

on: July 22, 2007, 04:55:59 am
Alright so here's a little pixel dump of various things that have collected over the past few months. I don't get around to pixeling much and haven't worked on anything huge really so I didn't feel the need to make individual posts for each.
Critiques, edits, palette changes, suggestions are all welcome. I'll do my best to address anything mentioned but as it stands these aren't really being worked on.

Offline im9today

• xtrwsqgcxct
    • View Profile

Re: Deers, Birds & Others

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 11:50:01 pm
The birds are simply beautiful, I'd love to see a complete set. <3 Chickenman is a great design, but the posing is a bit uninspired. The block shading works very well on him. Could you explain the color theory behind what you are doing with the bright blue on the second piece? I'm not really understanding it.

Offline Delgneith

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 01:20:57 pm
you're one of my favorite pixel artists delgneith
Thanks man :) That really made my day. Glad you feel that way.

The birds are simply beautiful, I'd love to see a complete set. <3 Chickenman is a great design, but the posing is a bit uninspired. The block shading works very well on him. Could you explain the color theory behind what you are doing with the bright blue on the second piece? I'm not really understanding it.
The birds weren't actually meant to be part of a set but you know maybe that's not a bad idea.

I agree on the really weak pose of chickenman. I've never been good with dynamic poses so maybe that's all the more reason for me to try my hand at it. I think I shall since I do like the character design a little bit.

You know there really is no colour theory in mind when doing the bright blue more than just experimenting I suppose. It may or may not have worked well.

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 09:00:47 am
That black bird amazed the crap right out of me.  The colors reminded me of my own color choice from way back.  I like this a lot (though I'm sure it's probably because of my heavy black bird infatuation).  There was only one thing glaring at me, and it is bird's back.  It's such a jaggy back that's just asking for a fix.

Did an edit, maybe it can explain better than I can right now.

Keep up the great work by the way, love them all.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.