AuthorTopic: Of Dirt and Darkness  (Read 7678 times)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Of Mud and Murkiness

Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 04:01:54 am

These were made by Monsoon2D. View them in an animation program to see them correctly. I'll answer questions and concerns in a little bit.
I like the side one, but why are the down-facing one's legs off to one side? And don't they display correctly on the internets? I looked at them in a program and all that changed was that I had the urge to edit them. Which I did.
Would you like to see?
Another thing that bugs me is the way the side-facing one has a smooth headbob whereas the down-facing one is just like, shaking. But I guess you can't do much better with four frames, since the silhouette implies symmetry on the side-facing one, which can't be done on the down-facing one...I think.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Re: Of Murkiness, Murder, and Mud

Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 02:41:30 pm
Hmm.  Maybe I'm in a minority here, but I don't get how this game plays.  I agree it looks pretty good, but I don't understand the game itself. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Re: Of Murkiness, Murder, and Mud

Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 07:13:32 pm
The concept is pretty simple. You run around, shoot anything that isn't you, and dig around to get to or away from others. Once you slip into the darkness you can't be seen unless you shoot or turn on your flashlight. Contra plus Dig Dug equals the general idea, I guess.

You should have there be traps and stuff you can set, and natural hazards like those falling rocks from Dig-dug. I think that would make for an interesting experience :)

Offline selur

• View Profile

Re: Of Dirt and Darkness

Reply #13 on: July 22, 2007, 11:44:25 pm
On screenshots looks like this is an big are to explore.
But what happend if every each player will go to the diffrent direction ?
I guess this game should be in 4 splat screens because there are 4 players. 

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 02:17:54 am
Here are my edits:
(Yes, the head movement is a bit much, but some other things I still think are valid.

You know what...
Now that I look at my edits, I think they're pretty terrible. Too much movement for such a tiny sprite. You can just ignore me now.

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 10:57:03 pm
OK.