AuthorTopic: Twinsen Graphics  (Read 11267 times)

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Re: Twinsen Tiles

Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 04:47:03 am
Add the highlights back on the grass, it helped a lot.
And as noted, it seems the hut has a lot more contrast than the other building does.
I also liked the dark rocks that adarias added in his one edit, they helped fill in a lot of empty, boring space.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Re: Twinsen Graphics

Reply #21 on: July 31, 2007, 06:43:39 am
Taka - You are starting to oversimplify and the artwork is not gtting better for it.  Everything you did in your latest edit hurts the peice a little more each time.
I started with more detailed cliff tiles, and I was not at all happy with them, admittedly the grass tile has grown on me, but I do like it more and more as it got simpler
I may bring back the highlights to the grass, but most likely not as bright as they were

I need to come up with a 'faster' run animation for twinsen, for this type of run you won't have complete control over twinsen, you'll skid to a stop, run over pits etc.
here's what I've got so far:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:49:10 am by .TakaM »
Life without knowledge is death in disguise

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 07:08:29 am
He doesn't look that fast.
Ninja limp-armed runs dont = fast.
I think a more forceful and realistic torso + arm movement would fit better and not be such a cop-out.
The wheel feet aren't working at all, IMO. Like I said, rather than this sort of passive sort of jog, a much more forceful dash would suit much better. Large hangtime, maybe just a frame or two of contact, some nice exaggeration, all that jazz.

Offline .TakaM

• View Profile
    • Fetch Quest

Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 08:35:12 am
I chose the ninja limp arms because if he was pumping his arms he'd look 100% in control which is not what I want to convey, and because I limited myself to only four frames

Currently, Twinsen has both a walk and run, the plan is to drop the walk (useless) and replace with a slightly slowed down version of the current run anim:

When running full speed, Twinsen travels 5 pixels per frame (30fps) and when walking- only 2
after the changes, the sprinting will travel 6 pixels per frame, and the jog will travel 4

I'm aware this run anim is very odd, in that he almost always has a foot on the ground and there is very little hangtime, intending to further tweak it I just put it in the game, and I loved it as it is.
however, if you guys feel strongly about any tweaks that should be made or wanna edit it, go ahead ;)
Life without knowledge is death in disguise