AuthorTopic: Platform mockup [WIP]  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Starchild

• View Profile

Platform mockup [WIP]

on: July 17, 2007, 08:42:22 pm
Hello guys. New around the forum, but loving it.

Here's the bg of a mockup i'm starting to work on... any ideias that would help it feel enchanted, or magic? I'm thinking about giving it a sunny, 'magic forest' feel.
the player will be left and the boss will be on the right. (yeah, sunny as that, but i'd love a bossfight there)
it's for a kinda of a cute platform game.

hope i can get some feedback from you! thanx
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:47:27 pm by Starchild »

Offline nizzate

• View Profile

Re: Platform mockup [WIP]

Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 09:15:02 pm
i think that the close tree on the right needs work on the roots.they kinda look like weird thumbs right now.  I think you need to make them less rounded near the end so it looks like they are going into the ground and not resting on top of the ground. Not sure how to make it more mystical, maybe add some more colorful large flowers or some floating glowing orbs or glowing flowers.

Offline Starchild

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 02:19:48 am
thanx, will try to work more on the trees, and yes, I'm thinking about some flowers, it can give a nice 'magical' feel.

Offline Shadoron

• N00BINATOR
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 07:39:26 pm
I've seen alot of starry things in magik forests. y'know, like dew covered spiderwebs with out the spiderwebs? or like strings with glowey balls on them if that makes sense. (sort of like astro jacks if you know what those are... children's toy. its a string with two balls of plastic at the ends, and one bead plastic ball, like the other two, but it can mov freeley along the string.