AuthorTopic: [Wip] Haunted Girl  (Read 10476 times)

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Re: [Wip] Haunted Girl

Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 03:18:06 pm
That edit certainly makes things less weird. I don't know if that's good or bad though.

To be honest, I think that straighter face kind of creeped me out. I don't know if that's good or bad either though.

I guess they both have their charm. I must say that she looks far less haunted in the edit.

Agreed. Also, Addressing the hair issue, I think the hair looks sickly, and clumped together, which in my opinion adds very well to the apearence of the girl being haunted..and unwell. But, that could just be me.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 09:48:10 pm
Khris: oh sorry, i thought you meant the perspective. You're totally right, something was bothering me about the lips and you figured it out. The chin and area around the mouth are a bit too extremely changed in your edit, it's a bit more "girl+pretty"-fied (but not too much), i'll try to come up with something similar, correct but keeping the anatomy i had in mind... and the hauntedness :). Thanks.

Malor and Doppleganger: nice to hear it freaks you guys a bit, it's the intended purpose :) I'll try to keep it freaky while somewhat more anatomically correct the next time.
On the hair, i'm trying to come up with something in between, pasty and oily while not as sculpture looking. But always keeping that original look in mind. Thanks for the comments.

edit:

Hope i've addressed these issues. The mouth/lip thing is subtle but i think is fixed. The top hair area is kind of muddled, but i'm not going to touch it anymore. Sick of hair for now :P
edit 2: people at pixeljoint critted the chin, i changed it a bit:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 05:16:37 pm by Turbo »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 06:52:42 pm
I personally found the bigger chin more appealing. Both face-types are realistic and could exist, so it's up to you to choose which one you want to go with.

Offline Shadoron

• N00BINATOR
    • View Profile

Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 05:40:59 am
you have improved a LOT! the first one looked like michelle jackson! :D
This is a bit out of my league, good luck.

Offline Turbo

• less than meets the eye
    • View Profile
    • Pixeljoint TurboAccount

Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 12:19:06 pm
Thanks, guys. I wasn't too sure about changing the chin, i kind of liked it but since i heard several critiques on it i though better to go with democracy. When changing I tried to keep it, as always, close to what i envisioned.

Thanks for all the help, this improved quite a bit :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:21:29 pm by Turbo »