AuthorTopic: Mortificator ...  (Read 3280 times)

Offline vgx

• View Profile

Mortificator ...

on: July 12, 2007, 08:36:27 pm
My new piece after half-year pause ... (and yes, chest is rather flat and ligthing inconsitent)

C&C please ...

/mod edit: please use [img] tags, so we can see your pictures without having to click a link. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 09:30:35 pm by ptoing »

Offline halu

• wtf :D
    • View Profile

Re: Mortificator ...

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:02:38 pm
This ppopped out at me from the start, the right arm (his) looks bent oddly, and some shading to his elbow to fix that.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:44 pm
Nice character design and colours, he looks pretty mad. I think the lighting on his right bicep may be the wrong way around though, and you should try to define his thumbs more. Also, his feet look a bit twisted, maybe if you swapped them over, or re-pixelle them so they were facing more away from one another.

Other than those few minor details, it's looking great. I hope I've helped some, good luck with the rest of it.

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 09:32:56 pm
This is not looking great.  Bad character design, and worse colors!  Every facet of this needs work - design, colors, lighting, pose, perspective, composition.  It's not really possible to give helpful critiques on the piece as it stands; I do have advice though.  Start small, work on your fundamentals, sketch/work in other mediums, practice practice practice.  You've clearly got the patience and willpower to tackle this sort of thing, you just need to start at the beginning!

Offline vgx

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 04:26:35 pm
Everyone, thanks for your feedback, especially you AdamAtomic, you have given me a lot to think about .... maybe I should really start from begining ...

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 09:49:21 pm
Listen to AdamAtomic, for he is wise  :y:

Read as many art tutorials as possible also. Especially on anatomy, shading, and perspective. Study those 3 things, and sketch alot of things to practice. Then its all on the golden road to success from there!