AuthorTopic: Demons [nudity and gore]  (Read 25081 times)

Offline Alevice

• View Profile
    • DevArt gallery

Re: [WIP] Demons [nudity and gore]

Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 10:42:44 pm
The knee could resemble a face and the lowe rpart of the leg whose name i forgot could resemble a body.The left arm could have something resembling tumours/cancer. Right hand fingers could resemble tentacles with irregular fangs/claws. The 'mouth' spruting from the neck should have saliva

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 12:52:45 am
You guys are so gross! I love it :D

Here are some abscesses and a mangled arm for starters. I guess I'll have to add some sickly greens to my palette.

Quote from: Alevice
I completely disagree on removing the texture on the skull. I'd like however that the face colours and texture matched the forehead
This is more what I was going for, which I guess is somewhere in between.

I thought making the skull-like parts more grayish would fit and that some variation would be good, but I won't mind throwing out the grays if there's no need for them.

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 11:46:25 am
Green Skull:
I think the greys work well.
It doesn't inspire the same imagination in me, so I'll leave the suggestions to other people.

Freak Girl:
Be careful with those tumors; you don't want them to seem uniform.
At the moment their placement doesn't seem random enough.
Move one from a leg to the far shoulder maybe?
Needless to say, I think you're edging ever closer with this one.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 07:11:25 pm
Quote from: Faceless
Be careful with those tumors; you don't want them to seem uniform.
Good point. I'll work on that.

:D

Edit:

More randomness. :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 11:35:29 pm by Arachne »

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #14 on: July 16, 2007, 11:53:51 pm
I like that background, it's creepy as, but I think it messes with the view. It seemed before she was upright, floating over the viewer, but now it seems like you're standing above her, looking down, and she's horizontal, or something, which isn't so scary.
Possibly my dirtiest/messiest crit ever, your stuff is beyond me:

Apologies for the butchery - intended just as a quick visualisation of what I mean.

Also, be careful with the dithering on your skull demon, he's looking a bit grainy, where he ought to be smooth/slimy.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 12:21:23 am by tocky »

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 06:54:19 am
I just figured out that there is a face on the torso of that floating freak.
Was that intentional? It looks kinda like Beaker from the muppet show.
Perhaps make it scarier?

You could bend the ribcage down so that it looks like fangs and add actual eyes to the nipples.
Parhaps add a tongue that comes out of the belly.

Regardless of it's a great design already. Where the head once was is quite disturbing.

Offline Arachne

• View Profile
    • Retinal Eclipse

Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:06 pm
Quote from: tocky
I like that background, it's creepy as, but I think it messes with the view. It seemed before she was upright, floating over the viewer, but now it seems like you're standing above her, looking down, and she's horizontal, or something, which isn't so scary.
Thanks, I thought a wall of monster would work, but I guess it wasn't such a great idea after all. :)

Quote from: robotacon
I just figured out that there is a face on the torso of that floating freak.
Was that intentional?
Ugh, no. I think replacing the head with a toothy maw had the opposite effect of what I wanted. You expect to see a face there somewhere, so you find what most resembles one. I tried breaking the "mouth" up a little, but I don't think that did much good.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 11:09:41 pm
The smaller hole looks very strange...I'd say, fill that smaller hole and replace it with deep scratches or something like that. Just looks out of place.
New background looks good. :y:

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 01:23:21 am
I think the stomach hole was much better before this most resent update. It looked like something had exploded out of it - like an alien child. Now it looks like someone has taken to it with a knife like someone would to a pumpkin on halloween, but hasn't done a very good job.

I also think the milk dripping from the breast is too understaded. Have it oozing out, not glittering there normally.
The area around her breasts is a bit crowded, and I'd suggest removing the round lump from between them, and taking some of the detail away from -her- left breast.
I like what you've done with the rest. :y:

Offline Malor

• Masquerading as a black bear.
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 03:29:23 pm
Wow. That background is wicked. You have incredible dithering skills, but especially in the demon head thing, it just makes it look noisy, not really textured. You really made those breasts looks quite diseased :o But I assume that's what you were going for.
Quote from: Adarias
I'm not going to pretend this is a small task either; certainly none of us here can claim to have accomplished it.  it's the realm of masters.  still, it's what we all have to try for.