AuthorTopic: [WIP] Top View RPG Asset creation  (Read 4678 times)

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: [WIP] Top View RPG Asset creation

Reply #10 on: April 26, 2020, 05:16:33 am
Ditch the messy grass. When in doubt, less is more! Chop chop chop. Mow the lawn xD
I prefer the man on the left because he shows more volume. He feels more 3d.
I love the stone age. I like bone-headed caveman and I cannot lie. Great vibe.
You can make the tree feel less like it's just "plopped" there by adding a bit of the roots underneath on another tile. Does that make sense?

Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

Offline palo.poli

• Getting into game design
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/25408.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 26, 2020, 04:54:32 pm
Hello guys! Thank you a lot for all your comments, they help me a lot to keep a good quality all along the work on this asset. I'll do the modification on the tree, add some shadows, etc...

Also I kept the left human, and in the meantime I did the 4 views of him :

What do you think about them? Do we recognize the same human ? Isn't he loosing weight when turning ?  ???

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Reply #12 on: April 27, 2020, 07:17:14 am
His gorgeous flowing locks of gold lets me know it is indeed the same fearless savage from any angle.  :y:

If you want him to look even more beefy, here's my idea (and it might not work but it's worth a try):

Notice on the front view his arms are the same distance as the edge of his hair from side to side?
But then on the side view, the arms are less than the edge of the hair. I think this is why the arms seem wimpy on the side view.

Maybe if he did enough curls his biceps would get bigger???

Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.