AuthorTopic: A few new things...  (Read 4185 times)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

A few new things...

on: July 10, 2007, 01:02:45 am
Hi hi! Been a while since I last posted anything here!
I've been busy with things... both good and bad... But I think I'm back in the groove now.
Here's a few new pixel creations...

This here may possibly be my new avatar here. Let me know if you think I should change my avi to this...

As a few of you may remember, I was working on a game months ago. I haven't really done much of anything new on it, and I had a friend who told me he would program the first level for me, but so far he hasn't completed that. Anyway, yeah.. um... new stuff...

And here's this...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 02:00:12 am by Ryona »

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Re: A few new things...

Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 01:17:10 am
Impressive, loving these pieces, though the third and first ones could use more contrast(Though I think everything needs more contrast :-\). Great work on the grayscale ones, I think the guy in the second piece of the grayscale should look more menacing though and for the third grayscale pic maybe you should make her more uh, ready to fight, in a sword stance of some kind.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 02:29:33 am
Huh lesbians?

Er, um, I mean:
Highlights on the chest of the third greyscale picture seem really weird. I 'unno.
And, the highlights on the fourth greyscale picture seem odd in places, like the chin, where it only be hitting about a third of the area it is, and on the back of the neck, where the light shouldn't be hitting at all.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 04:51:12 am
Aww Hey ryona :)

I like thse pieces and It's good to see you back. I love the stance of the sprite on frame 3 of the second pic, although I think it could be improved if you were to show the arm ( the left- hers) a bit more so it could look more in-balance. I also agree with the contrast issues since they sort of defeat the classic cell shaded look often held by anime art. I love your stuff :)

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 05:52:19 am
I also agree with the contrast issues since they sort of defeat the classic cell shaded look often held by anime art.
I think that's a terrible way to go about things. She didn't say that she was trying to make it that way, so I don't see the point in imitating something well known.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 10:44:48 am
Wha, a new avatar? Oh, but the realism of your current one is sooo niiicee. I don't think that new one would serve you or your mad skillz justice.
And actually, I disagree on the need for contrast. It just seems like there's no contrast because there's no shading, but each shade in itself is different enough from one another, methinks.
The AA to black doesn't really befit this forum's color, either. And the hair...! I'm all for simplicity, but then there's just plainness!
I don't have boobies so I wouldn't really know, but it looks like the fingers are too high, so the wrist would have to be bent really awkwardly for them to reach the other arm where they do...but like I said, I prolly wouldn't know.

In the greyscale, the big dude's legs...the thighs seem really...well...eh. I mean, they like, totally just like, bend and are all lumpy and stuff. I dunno, it just looks really weird to me. Is the rightmost image unfinished? It looks like it is.

In the last one, maybe the skintones could be reversed, since the left seems a bit color-heavy and the right a bit dull. And in the blue-haired one, that chunk of hair right above the ear looks strange because of the AA to the skin, like it's plastered to the face or something...actually, it looks like that all along the blue-haired one's hairline.

Hmmm...I think that's it! :y:

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 11:04:42 am
The contrast is fine on all but the first one, there are a lot of shades that are just too close. But really, I think you should just fix that, instead of upping the contrast all together.

Offline LoTekK

• View Profile
    • LoTekK.com

Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 12:05:49 pm
Personally, I think this proposed replacement is barely a faint shadow of your current avatar.

Did a quick edit. The avatar seems to have ample breasts from the outlines, but this isn't really reflected in the way they fall and interact with the arms, as well as the lighting. Additionally, her/your right pectoral isn't connecting correctly (too high/inner). I added a bit of shading to her/your left breast to show that it's being somewhat squished by the crossed arm. Breasts were placed a tad high on the chest, so I lowered them some, also lengthening the upper arms a tad in the process.

Offline gliding

• Um yea...
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 06:07:36 pm
I also agree with the contrast issues since they sort of defeat the classic cell shaded look often held by anime art.
I think that's a terrible way to go about things. She didn't say that she was trying to make it that way, so I don't see the point in imitating something well known.

It was a simple suggestion; besides, cell-shading is quite evident in a lot of Ms.Ryona's work. I see no fault in what I said.