AuthorTopic: Sidecrollin' excessively tiled fun fest 2007-2008 *Updated 3/11*  (Read 70993 times)

Offline ilkke

• pix off
    • iLkKke
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/9270.htm
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
I think that the mountains texture is in conflict with the trees in front of it. I believe it might be fixed by just tweaking the colors, that is, making the darkest colors in the mountains spread a bit lighter. Or better yet, try to blend them mountains more with the sky (air perspective and shit) by changing the palette. Also the lower edge of the path could go towards dark as well, to define it more. While I'm nitpicking, the fence is a bit close to he path, maybe move it a bit upwards so it can also overlap with the bottom of those trees.
i

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile
All stellar suggestions. I forgot about adding the cherry blossom petals along the grass, so I'll just incorporate your suggestions into the final stretch. I think that I could probably do with removing the outline along the top of the mountains too.

Offline Elwin

• View Profile
Just dropping by to say that all these are great  :lol: Though, maybe a little tiny bit more contrast on the darkest shade of the sky?
When there is no more of art to discover, you know you're dead. And if you aren't, what the hell do you live for?

Offline Redshrike

• View Profile
I have to say, there are few subjects to pixelation that I love more than cherry trees.  These look great!  However, the ones in front look a little off to me; it almost seems like the branches are too thick compared to how many blossoms they have.  It almost gives it the effect of a picture of a tangle of leafless branches with petals pasted on top of it.
Also, the sky looks amazing!

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Thanks Elwin, I took your advice with the darkest shade of the sky.

Thanks Redshrike, you're totally right about the foreground branches. It could be that I constructed them in exactly the way you described. It's way too late to do anything now, but I guess I'll have to think of a way to avoid that from here on out. Although, it is worth mentioning, that the clumps of petals help with removing the already evident tiling.

This is the end result. Thanks everybody for your help on this one. It's time to go back to the volcano. *shudders*

Offline ilkke

• pix off
    • iLkKke
    • https://pixeljoint.com/p/9270.htm
    • View Profile
    • portfolio
Are they all finished now? When can we see the final results? :D
i

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile
I wish they were. I'm still working on the volcano background. I got sick for a while and had to put this project on the backburner. I'm shooting to be done with the volcano and two other backgrounds within the next two weeks. I will update the volcano background soon enough though. I believe I've made a fair amount of progress since the last time I posted it.