AuthorTopic: Quick Mockup: Ice Dungeon (new level added: temple)  (Read 18369 times)

Offline TomF

• View Profile

Re: Quick Mockup: Ice Dungeon (new level added: temple)

Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 01:53:02 pm
Correct, Vertigo! The bright pillars are obstacles, will probably be destructable if cracked or something like that.

And yeah you're both right about the water and to be honest I'm really not sure where im going with it. :/ Will try and fix it up asap.

Offline Fizz

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 08:57:36 pm
You could add some subtle overgrowth in the back..

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 11:24:58 pm
i like the last mockup, colors are good,
but for the background, bricks again??  :'( 

maybe that you could innovate on it  :y:

Offline tocky

• doublepostokrates
    • View Profile
    • my blog

Reply #33 on: August 18, 2007, 08:05:37 am
I think, compared to the other one, the background is just too constant, no contrast.  It's all roughly the same hue. The candles in the other one broke it up pretty well - maybe you could have light poring in through breaks in the wall, or luminous plants or fungi, something like that.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Re: Quick Mockup: Ice Dungeon

Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 11:40:09 am
Added a new level, overgrown temple type thing:
I'm pretty stuck as to what to have in the background, the standard bricks are boring me.

I definitely love the look of your mockups ^_^ but it seems to me that you haven't chosen whether that overground temple is open or closed area (if open, why such a brick wall -- if close, what do plants live from ?). If it's something like a formerly-closed-area-which-ceiling-damaged, we might have nice lightning effects, etc.

I guess since it's a temple, you might love to have statues and large doors instead of plain brick walls ... Since it's overgrown, you might very well have huge vines cracking the stones of the main hall or something ... Bg. of "Fury of the Furries" did a nice job in introducing such subtle (and humoristic) features to break monotony.

Another thing you might want to ask is "this is the temple of what, anyway?" That could give a direction to what kind of statues you'll have, include replicas of the "deity"'s face on large rocks or whatever.

Anyway, go on. This is going to be outstanding. It makes me feel the urge to complete my NDS-2D gaming engine and import your tiles to see it moving ^_^