AuthorTopic: Guess what? Game graphics! Wooooh!  (Read 10534 times)

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Re: Guess what? Game graphics! Wooooh!

Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 03:30:06 pm
I would suggest stronger light on the red blob
And the highlight line of the blue-ish blob 1 px more away from the edge

It's all getting quite nice :D

Offline Luzeke

• I draw, therefore I ink.
    • View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 10:45:11 am
Thanks!  ;D

I did a new idle stance animation yesterday. I tried out making the sword move. I'm not sure if it worked out well, it might be to much motion for such a small sprite.
So here's two versions, one with sword movement and one without. Which do you think works best?

(Couldn't update at all yesterday since my connection was down the whole day  :mean: )

Offline huZba

• MekaSkull
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19396.htm
    • huzba
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 11:17:36 am
I think it's better with the sword moving. If he's gonna do some mad swinging it's good if it feels like he's just about to swing all the time. The movement itself is a bit too harsh, but it might actually contribute to the game if the game itself is hasty and fast. As for the sprite itself, i hink it could use a bit polishing still. I'm not feeling those black outlines and the few black pixels here and there, they bring noise.

The tiles and enemies are a bit dull as well and could read better as well. Grass needs work too, but it's a good idea to have it high like that. Overall there's some pixels that don't really contribute to relying any kind of information.

Other than that looks like a good start and i'm really looking forward to seeing more!

Offline TrevoriuS

• Pixels... everywhere!!
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007, 08:15:53 pm
The sword moves too much in my opinion, so I prefer the one without sword movement.

Offline Ed Oscuro

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 09:52:49 pm
The sword moves too much in my opinion, so I prefer the one without sword movement.
On the one with the sword movement, the sword goes up the frame before the hand comes down (I think - didn't extract the frames), and it looks like the handle is wobbly.

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 04:33:01 pm
the sword is moving too much, other than that, the animation with the sword moving is better.
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline Luzeke

• View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #16 on: July 07, 2007, 10:10:49 pm
Another update. I've been working on my main sprite a little, and again have two versions which differ slightly.  :crazy:

In the left one I only used two frames for the sword and three in the right.
I took away the brightest shade on the pants and replaced the dark blue 'outline' with the color I used to
outline his face. I did it different on the two versions. On the left one I did pretty much as before but didn't outline as much as before.
The right one is the same except that I didn't outline the sword.

I also made an idle animation for when he's low on health. I did the one on the left the same way I made the one to the left before and vice versa on the right.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: July 07, 2007, 11:37:40 pm
Oh these are soooo adorable! Okay but seriously, you gonna add alot of gore anytime soon?  :D Also, when he's low on health and has that pose, make it so his eyes are half-open or something

Offline JonathanOfDrain

• Lonely
    • View Profile
    • TheyWillEat.Us

Reply #18 on: July 07, 2007, 11:42:15 pm
Oh these are soooo adorable! Okay but seriously, you gonna add alot of gore anytime soon?  :D Also, when he's low on health and has that pose, make it so his eyes are half-open or something
Either that or make him a bloody mess. Like in Doom :D, you'd know you're almost dead because you were bleeding from the eyes and nose. I never knew you could bleed from the eyes until that games.

Offline Luzeke

• View Profile
    • inkBot

Reply #19 on: July 08, 2007, 12:58:33 am
Either that or make him a bloody mess. Like in Doom :D, you'd know you're almost dead because you were bleeding from the eyes and nose. I never knew you could bleed from the eyes until that games.

Like so? (Edit: I don't know why but ImageReady messed my colors. The blood was supposed to be red  :-\ )

I like the idea. But I don't think it reads very well. I think that just having him looked fatiqued makes more sense. Although deaths can be gory. Hadn't thougth much about if I was gonna add gore, and how much. We'll see.  :P

I just now started on another enemy. It was such a weird idea that I just had to at least start it now.

:crazy:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 01:18:47 am by Luzeke »