AuthorTopic: [WIP] Arcade Academy  (Read 53438 times)

Offline Darien

• ...nine...ten...draw!
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Arcade Academy

Reply #90 on: November 26, 2007, 04:59:05 pm
Only if you're sprinting

I do think there is too much time with the feet on the ground and not enough hang time

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #91 on: November 26, 2007, 05:24:35 pm
I see this alot in running animations, but don't you generally run on your toes?  I rarely see run animations like that.

To be really sure, you can always strap on a pair of shoes and run about for a while, you know (:
' _ '

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Reply #92 on: November 28, 2007, 11:26:45 am
I see this alot in running animations, but don't you generally run on your toes?  I rarely see run animations like that.

huh? a foot is designed to be rolled from heel to toe... if you run on your toes you've got something seriously wrong with your feet dude!
Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

Offline DavidCarney

• View Profile

Reply #93 on: November 28, 2007, 12:08:19 pm
I guess I'm thinking more of a sprint then.  I had narrow vision on the "run" term, still many run animation appear more as a trot then.  Do these guys ever buckle down and really run?

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #94 on: November 28, 2007, 03:13:33 pm
Well, sprints might go from mid-foot to toe, but rarely only toes, I'd call that a 'toe-run' ;D

Runs that are a series of thrusts rather than a series of rolls, well, they mainly appear in anime, I guess O:>
' _ '

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #95 on: November 28, 2007, 11:50:17 pm
sprinting is toes + balls of your feet only if you're full out, its the same movement as regular running, its just the heel hit slows you down to much, so you extend your foot a bit and just let the balls of your foot hit.  That's why proper sprinting spikes don't have heels!

Offline robotacon

• robotacon
    • View Profile
    • It Got Dark

Reply #96 on: December 18, 2007, 04:02:32 pm
Updates:
---> It's not much but I'm happy with this one now. The soldier below will have a much heavier/slower ledge-heave animation so I'll try and work in the feedback I've gotten into that one giving the characters a distinct feel.

---> Bumped up the speed and now the soles of the shoes bend resulting in smoother "heel->foot->toe" run. The head, arms and knees has also been tweaked so that they don't move around randomly. It feels a little boring (lots of cut and pasting) but at this scale I haven't been able to tilt anything with great success. Kept the frame count of 12.

/ Robo

PSS. Three weeks without proper Internet. Sitting on a phone modem that is terrible slow right now  :'(

EDIT: as a reference here is soulys edit and my latest side by side.

soulys -> <- mine
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:47:28 pm by robotacon »