AuthorTopic: ISO Nintendo  (Read 7761 times)

Offline smiker

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=cbaRMjlLWng
    • View Profile
    • Smiker's Portal (WIP)

ISO Nintendo

on: July 03, 2007, 10:10:44 am
My Nintendo ^^

Updated down...top...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 12:44:28 am by smiker »

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Re: ISO Nintendo

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:05:48 am
good work!

however.. according to this picture there's a couple of inconsistencies ;)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/Nintendo_entertainment_system.jpeg

I'm sure you'll notice them yourself, but here goes. The front of the nes should be flat. the red light is on the wrong side. controller ports are missing (maybe u left them out because it would be very hard to read at such small pixelcount). the groove on the top is the wrong way (or atleast that's what it looks like on my monitor). there's barely noticable space between cartridge-lid and the black stripe, you have too much space.

other than that.. AMAZING! :) I wuw nes! ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 11:09:05 am by Elrinth »
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline Ed Oscuro

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 10:28:33 pm
The front of the nes should be flat.
To clarify, the front face of the dark bottom half of the shell is sloped slightly inwards towards the bottom. The back slopes inwards even more gradually. Both are highly exaggerated here. You can see the angles on the sides of the top shell pretty easily in the Wikipedia picture, so I won't bring that up.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 10:30:12 pm by Ed Oscuro »

Offline smiker

• View Profile
    • Smiker's Portal (WIP)

Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:37:01 pm
'You can see the angles on the sides of the top shell pretty easily in the Wikipedia picture,'

mmmm....that was my reference ^^
i dont understand you very well Elrinth, you say that is right or that is wrong?

Offline smiker

• View Profile
    • Smiker's Portal (WIP)

Re: ISO Nintendo (Now Animated ^^)

Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:34:04 am
a little update:

Offline chigsam

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 12:14:08 pm
AAH! ITs eating the games! :lol:

ya i like it very nice, but under the lid seems a little empty. just plain green?

Offline nizzate

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 03:01:30 pm
looks good but i noticed that on the last few frames the color on the rivets on the top of the nes flicker.  Maybe you changed the color in some of the frames and forgot to change the rest of them.

Offline smiker

• View Profile
    • Smiker's Portal (WIP)

Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 03:50:23 pm
right there, i have to fill its interior....what do you think about an integrated circuit in there?

nizzate:thanks, i am very off-clues (sorry about this shitty spelling, i'm in hurry) i will fix it tonight. thanks 4 you all 4 the coments!

Offline Elrinth

• Hello peeps
    • View Profile
    • Elrinth's personal webpage

Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 10:03:40 pm
very good progress.. however the stripes on the top of the nes still aren't fixed. the interior on the nes was green? i remember it being black... hmmm..
you should consider a little less bending in on the most left side (on the bottom dark grey part by the red led) on the nes...
you plug the nes controllers into the back of the nes? :) or you hide the cables VERY well behind it? :)

anyways, keep up the good work.. looking forward to the completed piece... also try to make the cartridge picture show some well known game :) like hrrm... metroid? zelda?  (golden cartridge, lol) mario? I know this is REALLY hard at this low resolution, but give it a try and tell us how it went! :)
"Truly, if there's evil out there, it lies within the heart of mankind!" - Edward D. Morrison
Mai fav games: Seiken Densetsu, Rockman, Doom, Final Fantasy, Zelda no Densetsu, Metroid, Kid Icarus
Fav consoles: Sharp Twin Fami, Super Nintendo Jr., Wintendo Gamecube

Offline smiker

• View Profile
    • Smiker's Portal (WIP)

Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 11:59:16 pm
yeah you're right i'm going to get at the finish with this piece, i really consider it as a big challenge, an i think that doing it can raise my techniques...
tnx a lot for the comments, i'm very pleased of hearing that advices... sorry if i am having a bad spelling...i simply cant speak better in this moment...hard day today....

edit:

one more thing
for those who they interest to, i have a video of how i've done it today....i spent 1:30 aprox to make it everything without the nes (it took me over 30 min to give it only the lineart, but i didn't record how i drawed it).
i mean animation, pads, try to make the plugs...cartridge....
i'm going to upload to youtube for you can see it, or maybe host it on nsn....later edit will reveal the direction, i you want to see it, be aware over 30 minutes
^^
tnx for all cmnts!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 12:04:32 am by smiker »