AuthorTopic: [CC] fantasy RPG character  (Read 5135 times)

Offline Guy Akiba

• View Profile

[CC] fantasy RPG character

on: February 20, 2020, 07:55:24 am
Any feedback is really appreciated; character design, colors, technique, lighting, stylization.  Anything, really.  :)
It's for an RPG I'm working on.

It was commissioned and then edited (I forgot who I commissioned for it - I'm sorry)

EDIT: Commissioned from Dario @neobrsk on Twitter!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 10:03:43 pm by Guy Akiba »

Offline Chonky Pixel

• tequila_ben
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/187855.htm
    • https://www.facebook.com/chonkypixel/?modal=admin_todo_tour
    • View Profile
    • Chonky Pixel

Re: [CC] fantasy RPG character

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 11:21:44 am
I really like this. Excellent work!

Offline Mathcong

• Mathcong_
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 06:52:21 pm
i think they person you commissioned for it was dario @neobrsk
https://twitter.com/neobrsk/status/837300316341161984

That being said, the edit looks nice,  i only feel like the sleeves have some extreme lighting on them.

Almost like he has 2 different coloured sleeves :)

Offline Imagyning

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 03:15:29 am
All it's very nice, but the mainly problem for me it's the outlines, in x moment it appear but in other it doesn't, and in the right arm there are some outlines that seems bad, and good day c:.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 07:04:31 pm
this seems quite different from the one posted on twitter when it comes to the detailing, but this applies to both.

I guess my immediate concern is that you can'st see how the arms fit into the sleeves (cape?) too well, though. Feels like they're outright missing since where they'd normally hang there's kind of a void of volume or detail. a good example of this is along the waist, where his right arm would probably overlap a bit or distort the shape of the cape/sleeve some to show it's there.

it's very much an issue that could be solved through animations though, as it does create a clean design and a strong silhouette that would do wonders for memorability.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Pariah

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 05:48:34 pm
Any feedback is really appreciated; character design, colors, technique, lighting, stylization.  Anything, really.  :)
It's for an RPG I'm working on.

It was commissioned and then edited (I forgot who I commissioned for it - I'm sorry)

I dont know how much colorful is your game but I have a rule when creating characters, to never use more than 3 main colors on my characters, and of course you need to follow some color combination based on color theories. For characters I recommend to use only one of these combinations: complementary, analogous, split-complementary, or triad. I made a quick edit on your sprite just to show what Im talking about.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 05:16:07 pm by Pariah »

Offline Guy Akiba

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 08:04:48 pm
i think they person you commissioned for it was dario @neobrsk
https://twitter.com/neobrsk/status/837300316341161984

That being said, the edit looks nice,  i only feel like the sleeves have some extreme lighting on them.

Almost like he has 2 different coloured sleeves :)

DARIO! Yeah, that's who it was, thank you :3

and yea I could def see that.  I'll ease up the shading.

Offline Guy Akiba

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 08:08:01 pm
All it's very nice, but the mainly problem for me it's the outlines, in x moment it appear but in other it doesn't, and in the right arm there are some outlines that seems bad, and good day c:.

I'm not sure if that's something left over from the original or if I did that :T
If it was me, I was probably going for that Pokemon partial-outline look.  I think I can make it more consistent tho.
Thanks!

Offline Guy Akiba

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 08:11:26 pm
this seems quite different from the one posted on twitter when it comes to the detailing, but this applies to both.

I guess my immediate concern is that you can'st see how the arms fit into the sleeves (cape?) too well, though. Feels like they're outright missing since where they'd normally hang there's kind of a void of volume or detail. a good example of this is along the waist, where his right arm would probably overlap a bit or distort the shape of the cape/sleeve some to show it's there.

it's very much an issue that could be solved through animations though, as it does create a clean design and a strong silhouette that would do wonders for memorability.

I can see that.  I'd like to keep it more or less the way it is (his pose), but I can fix that in animations, clarifying where his arm is.  I think I noticed this one time I was trying to blot out his body shape for animating.  I'll take another look at it, but you're deff right.

Offline Guy Akiba

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 08:12:16 pm
I noticed I can't zoom in on this on my computer.  Is anyone else having that problem??