AuthorTopic: older megaman  (Read 12052 times)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Re: older megaman

Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 12:51:03 am
It's not so much that we're offended, it's that what you're doing doesn't lend for good 2d art, I think. You can either keep at it until your peculiar method of working arrives at decent results, or try to learn to draw from the bottom-up and have both your 2d artwork and 3d artwork benefit all the more from it.

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: July 03, 2007, 09:42:35 am
i know, i noticed that my skills in 2D and 3D improved, now consider this Helm.

In my earlier topic where i made a commando with a gun (red shirt, black pants, grey gun) it was not improving much as i spent more hours on it. But when i made it my own way in 15 minutes. and posted it as a full edit, everyone was shocked on the massive improvement in my work... you wrote : "what you're doing doesn't lend for good 2d art," , i can't agree with that.

i know that pixelart done by hand, pixel by pixel, greatly improves color understanding, depth and shading skills, and i will go with that because i see improvement in my work. But my BASE, will still be my own way of creating pixelart, as i dont have to spend hours, but minutes, on the rough sketch.

My goal is still to learn perfect color management, shading, anatomy and additional skills like hue shifting, selout and color diffuse.
This forum helped me a lot and i hope it will do so regardles of the way i make my sketches for my pixelart.
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 06:19:14 pm
The problem I see is that the "blast" doesn't seem to fit the style of the guy.
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: July 03, 2007, 07:25:22 pm
yeah, i know, its not finished yet, as soon as i have time i will post updates.
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0