AuthorTopic: gamemaker project  (Read 25834 times)

Offline madPXL

• PXL Crow
    • View Profile
    • madpxl.com

Re: gamemaker project

Reply #50 on: October 04, 2007, 10:48:23 pm
hi kenneth, your wip game remind me a sort of wonderboy , isn't it?  :)

for critics on you last wip with the fir trees, I think you could draw it with just one color or 2, like your last environment with bushes and maybe with a line art for the contour.
so, I realy love the cartoonish style and the choice of colors ! very good job ! and of course remind me the kenneth touch ::)

last, I know a software to create fast and easy game, maybe you could try it ;)
it's named Game Editor and you can export easily (just with one clic button) your game on various platforms as windows, mac, linux, pocket pc,smartphone and gp2x.
there are many tutorials on it to show how to create a map with collision and all the moves of characters and of course how to create a demo  ::)

the link : http://game-editor.com/

so good luck for the next !

Offline Crow

• Technicanimal
    • View Profile

Reply #51 on: October 05, 2007, 12:04:07 pm
if i could find someone who is really good and interested in programming it, sure, but you can still do some pretty cool stuff in gamemaker ;)

You can actually do alot of damn awesome stuff in Game Maker, you just need to know how to use it :D

The graphics so far are great, I really love them. I hope you will finish the game ;P
Discord: Ennea#9999

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #52 on: October 05, 2007, 12:41:35 pm
I am totally respecting that, and you wanting to finish this and balance quantity with quality is awesome so yeah.

I'd still suggest just another break-up tile to make stuff interesting, or at least that you fill in those gaps between the trees, because it makes it look like that whole world is cut out of paper, and I'll only tolerate that if you name the game 'Super Paper Valkyrie' :<

No really, I am loving it though. I want to play this so badly :3
' _ '