AuthorTopic: [WIP] Learning the ropes of Isometric Pixel Art.  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Darkdata

• View Profile

[WIP] Learning the ropes of Isometric Pixel Art.

on: June 27, 2007, 10:19:08 pm
As you can tell, I am stepping into a new ground here. I have read a few tutorials and such, and now I am trying to draw this stuff.
i could really use your thoughts on this, so I may improve.

My Old Drawing:

New with a few improvements:

Any thoughts would be great.

Offline piotrek255

• take it easy -_-
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Learning the ropes of Isometric Pixel Art.

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 10:25:49 pm
good job, i would use other colors for the house though, from a technical point ow view everything's fine, but you should work on the concept of your isometric art, right now its just a house, some plane panel put on cylinders, and shiny gate with stairs that really stand out, make it more realistic, add details to the plane thats on the cylinders, make a wooden panels texture to it, make it wider, change the color and design of the stairs and the gate
my way of the pixel? -> minimum effort, maximum quality 0_0

Offline Darkdata

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Learning the ropes of Isometric Pixel Art.

Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 07:03:03 pm
good job, i would use other colors for the house though, from a technical point ow view everything's fine, but you should work on the concept of your isometric art, right now its just a house, some plane panel put on cylinders, and shiny gate with stairs that really stand out, make it more realistic, add details to the plane thats on the cylinders, make a wooden panels texture to it, make it wider, change the color and design of the stairs and the gate

Could you point me towards a few examples that do this? I have no luck when it comes to such things unless I can see how it was done. I kinda like my cartoony style, however what you mentioned above could be good practice. Who knows, I might come to like it more.