AuthorTopic: [WIP]DEATH  (Read 3672 times)

Offline PASSOUT

• The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
    • View Profile

[WIP]DEATH

on: June 27, 2007, 03:08:34 pm
This is some avatar I made up.I don't realy know how to show wrinkles in the cloth

This is the hooded grimreaper:

Thanks for reading.
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline Ragnarok

• The long-dead armies rise again!
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]DEATH

Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:14:45 pm
Nice pixel! However, the head doesn't really seem to 'pop', and around his mouth, probably due to the similar colours used for both the teeth and the rest of the bone, they blend a little. Also... the shading at the top of the skull makes it seem a little flat. I'm not sure, but maybe shading that the same as the rest of the face would improve it? Other than that, it's rather good.

-Ragnarok
Chaos drive... overloading... Order... failing...
GIVE IN TO THE CHAOS!

Offline PASSOUT

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 04:19:38 pm
dit:

Not shure what to do with the skull.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:10:13 pm by PASSOUT »
"Well, if you're still reading this, then stop. Go practice! Do a drawing. Just make shit, you know, something that is exclusively a product of you. "

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:42:20 pm
Hey, whoa, ew, bacdafucup.
The new one is way way worse than the old one. Random dots all over, wtf? And what happened to the skull? The skull was cool, man...
The best way to get cloth would be to just look at some cloth and then see how it drapes and folds and stuff.
I think the hilights are too bright.

Offline Zero

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:28:53 pm
Hey, whoa, ew, bacdafucup.
The new one is way way worse than the old one. Random dots all over, wtf? And what happened to the skull? The skull was cool, man...

I second that opinion. The head on the new one looks more like a human head (with flesh) than a skull. Also, the "hood" really doesn't read as one. Like Xion said, the highlights are too bright. And it reads as being much too thick to be cloth.

Offline PASSOUT

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:47 am
I took the colors from the 16 color pallet.I don't want to break out of the mold and use new colors.
The best way to get cloth would be to just look at some cloth and then see how it drapes and folds and stuff.
I did and thats what I came up with but I wil toil away using the C+Cs as my guide.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 01:38:26 am
The 16-col palette is pretty useless if you're working in greyscale. I think you'd benefit from choosing your own colors.